A new toilet seat woe!

porcelain.

Before now, I have never heard of anyone removing the seat to clean. No doubt it's better than brushing... although the wife's tootbrush works great!

Reply to
Guv Bob

Guv Bob posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

That will take you for a ride? Where do put the reading material & TP?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Check out Kohler too. Q3 line is the best.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I comes in pink.

Reply to
Guv Bob

Well, I'm SOL then. All of my padding is on my tummy and um...up a lil' higher. But the ones I saw that were plastic over wood are advertised as "comfy".

Reply to
Julie Bove

Pintle! Aha!

Reply to
Julie Bove

I mainly just clean the bowl. Once in a while I'll take a wipe to the rest of us. Only females use my bathroom so that might be the difference.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I don't think we need the no slam. But I do have one of those rug covers on the top now. That prolly muffles it when we slam. If we slam. I don't think we do.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I comes in pink.

Reply to
Julie Bove

It is not a cure for slamming. it makes you life easier that you only have to give the seat a flick of the finger and it goes down by itself, silently.

Those rug covers went out of style in 1970. Very unsanitary too. They just sop up bacteria.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you can find a seat that meets your requirements except for being pink, buy that seat and paint the seat the shade of pink that suits you. Rustole um makes spray paints in a wide variety of colors. I repainted one of our seats to match a changed room color, just clean the seat off before paintin g.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I think I've only slammed the seat 5 times in my life.

I've also NEVER pinched my fingers, even though this feature is touted to not pinch your fingers.

Reply to
micky

I didn't think about that. I did notice at the homes of others that on some toilets the lid won't stay up with one of those covers, and yet they had the cover in place for years. How could they live like that? .

Reply to
micky

Get one of those slow closing seat covers. Then when you visit friends and use the facilities, you'll automatically drop the lid and make even better friends.

Slow close lids have nothing to do with finger pinching.

I have a few, and they really are great.

Reply to
Dan.Espen

They look real nice with a fuzzy cover

Reply to
Guv Bob

automatically

I like the type that are spring loaded. After you stand up, it starts a timer. If you don't drop the lid in 3 minutes, a fog horn goes off and a bear trap strength spring slams the lid down as a reminder for next time.

Reply to
Guv Bob

I suppose you're right.

Reply to
Julie Bove

I wash mine.

Reply to
Julie Bove

Ha! I've never pinched my fingers either. And don't recall ever hearing a toilet seat slam.

Reply to
Julie Bove

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... If you can find a seat that meets your requirements except for being pink, buy that seat and paint the seat the shade of pink that suits you. Rustoleum makes spray paints in a wide variety of colors. I repainted one of our seats to match a changed room color, just clean the seat off before painting.

Reply to
Julie Bove