A GREAT Customer Experience

My wife and I just had such a great customer experience I had to post it.

Disclaimer - Neither my wife nor I are affiliated with Century Tile in any way.

My wife and I went to buy new floor covering for the bathrooms in our house . We went to Century Tile on Route 59 in Naperville IL, after going to anot her local floor-covering store. The sales lady on the floor asked if we n eeded help and we said no, we were just starting to look. Instead of "hove ring" like so many sales persons do, Tami went off and did whatever. After several minutes, she came back and asked how we were doing, we said fine, and she went away again. After several more minutes, we had some questions , so I went over a couple of aisles and waved to her that we needed help.

Tami came over, answered our questions and we ordered some sheet vinyl floo r covering and 2 quarts of paste from the manufacturer. Tami said only a fe w days for delivery. The material and 2 quarts of paste arrived 4 days lat er.

After opening the first quart of paste, I applied it and started glueing do wn the floor in the first bathroom. It became apparent that I was going to need some of the second quart of paste, so I opened it. To my dismay, the top of the paste was covered in a brown film of dried paste about 1/4" thi ck. The instructions said to mix the paste thoroughly before using, but th ere was no way this film would dissolve or become reactivated by mixing wit h good paste. There was enough good paste left for me to complete the firs t bathroom, but nothing more.

I went back to the store and showed the manager the defective paste from th e manufacturer and asked for a replacement quart. The store did not have a ny quarts, just gallons. When I asked about signing something so the store could recover the cost of the gallon from the manufacturer, the store mana ger said there was no problem and nothing to sign, take the free replacemen t paste and be happy.

While we would have preferred "no problems", the way my wife and I were tre ated by the saleslady and the store manager was textbook perfect. We both were delighted to find a store that really knows how to treat the customer right. Although we have no plans for any other flooring purchases at the p resent time, you can be sure that Century Tile in Naperville on Route 59 wi ll be the first place we will go.

Reply to
hrhofmann

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 10:50:37 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote :

[...]

If you can find a way to pass the details of the good treatment up the chai n of command, that would be nice. I do that whenever I can, whether at work, at a store or even to a parent when their kid is especially polite.

Reply to
DerbyDad03