A clever idea for dressing the ends of childeren's shoelaces at home

Thanks for taking the time to read it, Sta No.

Reply to
nestork

dip-it, available at your local borg

Reply to
chaniarts

I used the suggested gorilla-glue + heat-shrink tubing trick this weekend, which seems to have worked.

Now I have gorilla glue all on my hands.

Reply to
Danny D.

"Dr. Emily Sockerill" wrote in news:k8j52d$mvp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Tie a knot in the ends, then snip off the excess.

This has the side benefit of preventing the ends from pulling through the holes in the first place, which is when frayed ends really become a problem.

However... Once your kids get to be the age of my kid, this problem ceases to exist. The current fashion among teenagers seems to be to eschew tying the laces at all. Instead, the loose, untied lace-ends are stuffed inside the shoe, under the foot, and are trod upon all day. It seems that tied laces are "uncool", and that walking upon loose laces is not at all uncomfortable. Or so the kid says.

Reply to
Tegger

Does your kid walk around with his undershorts hanging out too? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I am thinking maybe you can recreate how they do shoestrings. I think you need a piece of tube like plastic (something that looks similar to a drinking straw) that shrinks when heated then heat it with a hair dryer.

Tell me if it works. ;) -yve

Reply to
yve lynch

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:k915vj$og1$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Nope. This one is a girl.

Reply to
Tegger

I'm sorry, I won't make any inappropriate remarks that could come from my warped mind because I know girls are harder to raise than boys. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Reply to
bowhunthard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Those kids have likely left home by now and may not even bother with shoes with laces anymore. I havent for more than 50 years now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Most obese people wear loafers because they can't bend over to tie their shoes.

Reply to
devnull

I'm in the ideal BMI range and don’t wear loafers, I wear these in winter and what you barbarians call flip flops in spring summer and autumn

Rod Speed