A/C Thermostas Keep acting up

Hello all pro here,

I have a heat pump unit and the thermostas came with it does not work any more (I think or could be something wrong with the unit itself), I replaced with new one, and it worked for couple day than cold air did not come out any more, even when I swithed FAN to ON position. I had to turn the unit off for a while then turned it back on and it worked a short time and no cold air again, what could it be wrong?, thanks in advance.

It is HOT where I live, :(.

Reply to
Z28

Perhaps your compressor is cutting out because it is overheating or under (or over) charged with freon. They have safety devices to detect conditions which might damage them. Just because the thermostat tells it to run doesn't mean it can.

Reply to
CJT

CJT hit the nail on the head! Call an A/C Tech! - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Thanks for all anwers, problems are fixed. The capacitor and fan relay were dying, :).

CJT wrote:

Reply to
Z28