Central A/C problems

Hi,

I will post more details as I find them, but here's the situation in a nutshell.

Our A/C cools air, but barely blows it out. The outdoor unit is on and seems to be functioning properly. We have cold air coming out of the diffusers, but barely any air with virtually no pressure.

The filter is clean. The problem came on suddenly.

What could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance,

Sam

Reply to
Sam Takoy

Blower motor quit or start relay to it failed, perhaps...

--

Reply to
dpb

Sadly, that's not enough detail to be useful. One option comes to mind is frozen up evaporator, but it could be so many other things. Bad blower motor, bad capacitor, duct problem, vents blocked, low freon, voltage fluctuations, and on and on with the options.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The "cold coils" part inside the house is probably frozen and blocking the airflow. Turn off the A/C, and turn on just the fan. See if the air starts blowing full force in about an hour. Then turn the A/C back on.

The above will "defrost" the coils.

Reply to
Bill

It sounds like the blower motor unit.

Frank Lardino

Reply to
Frank L

Ah; Grumpy ................. but which battery?

Signed Dopey.

Reply to
terry

Can you look at the AC coil, its probably frozen so let it thaw, time for the AC man.

Reply to
ransley

Dogone have you charged the battery I bet you did not Mmm

Reply to
Grumpy