Drop ceiling around ductwork.

I have to design a transition to flatten out some ductwork to go under a support beam in my basement. This will bring this square section down below the level of the drop ceiling. Where the drop section meets the ductwork, can I just screw the angle bracket for the edge of the drop ceiling right to the ductwork ? Would you be afraid of the duct work getting cold and condensation forming on the duct and on the angle bracket ?

Thanks

Reply to
sid

I would not fasten ceiling grid to ductwork. The prime reason would be vibration. Any penetrations in duct work, no matter how well sealed, are NO-Nod's.

Reply to
DanG

DO NOT screw anything to the ducts....HTH...

Reply to
benick