A/C Heating - Need bipartisan advice!

What did the load calculation state you needed. You didnt research enough, you had a 1 ton AC before and now have 3.5 ton AC, if that 1 ton cooled your home at all decently you have just left yourself with a future of an uncomfortable home in summer, it will be very humid and clammy. ACs should be sized to run nearly 100% on your hottest day, humidity removal all summer cant be achieved on an oversized unit. My AC is oversized and it sucks so bad I run 2-Two dehumidifiers, I insulated after the instal so it was my mistake. If you read and learned you would of had a load calculation done and followed what it said on sizing. Global warming, think insulation.

Reply to
ransley

Well duh!!! Of course it's appropriate you tard.

You're going to burn your house down you damn idiot. I hope your insurance premium is paid up. I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message

Reply to
ftwhd

What is it about HVAC that brings the troll out?

Olddog

Reply to
retired54

Get back under your bridge pin-head.

Olddog

Reply to
retired54

What did the load calculation state you needed. You didnt research enough, you had a 1 ton AC before and now have 3.5 ton AC, if that 1 ton cooled your home at all decently you have just left yourself with a future of an uncomfortable home in summer, it will be very humid and clammy. ACs should be sized to run nearly 100% on your hottest day, humidity removal all summer cant be achieved on an oversized unit. My AC is oversized and it sucks so bad I run 2-Two dehumidifiers, I insulated after the instal so it was my mistake. If you read and learned you would of had a load calculation done and followed what it said on sizing. Global warming, think insulation.

Thanks, sounds like good advice.

Olddog

Reply to
retired54

Well I'm going replace the motor and see how long this thing is going to last.

Thanks everyone (except the troll)

Olddog

Reply to
retired54

I took it down to Granger and they said they don't stock it. I called another place and they wanted $218 to order it. I sprayed some more contact spray in it and put the old one back in. :-)

I have a gas fireplace and a good space heater if we have a bad freeze or something but I live in Austin where it only gets real cold couple of days a year. Ive been told some years it never freezes.

Olddog

Reply to
retired54

ing to

Now that you called me a troll I hope that you do burn your house down. Idiot. I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

Reply to
ftwhd

the old system was unsized. the new system is working fine, humity is about 50% on a 90 degree day.....sorry for the misinterpretation of what I typed.

Reply to
flir67