Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Extremely Cool Way To Clear Trees Around Power Lines
I'd never seen it before but it makes a lot of sense. ^_^
10
10

Repairing window well blocks
I have an older home, circa 1957. The builder made window wells for the basement windows out of cinder blocks stacked & cemented on top of each other. The tops of some of the blocks has worn away and...
2
2

What I love about Facebook
It eliminates the need to have actual physical contact with other human beings. Better yet, no one ever dislikes you on FB, because they only have LIKE buttons to click.....
1
1

How to cut threads on 3/4" metal water pipe that is in a hole in the ground.
How easy/difficult is it to cut threads into 3/4 pipe that is in the ground? I've dug around the pipes and have room to work. I want to cut a section out of the pipe, thread the end, and screw a cap...
12
12

Ants and the shed door
Sorry if this has been asked before. I noticed yesterday that the inside of my fairly new and not cheap shed, the door is starting to rot at the bottom. Ants are all over it. Can I sand it and treat...
24
24

Bang! Main Breaker Tripped.
Last night I was in the basement on the PC, and watching TV. Wife was asleep upstairs. Not sure if the central A/C was running, but most the lights in the house were off. I had a new service put in...
20
20

Women attack pole transformer and kill it
I dont believe this is a Memorial Day tradition, but a small rural town had a big dinner cooking for the whole town. For a reasonable price, you could get a complete meal with all the fixings an...
6
6

Weirdness from my lawn mower
Year old walk behind self-propelled. Sometimes it won't start, other times it starts and runs for about 10-15 minutes and stops. Even if starts, when I turn it off to get drink of water or other...
11
11

Measuring For New Countertop
I am going to look at new counter tops soon -- and a local store has a sale. They say give a price per square foot....how do you measure kitchen counters? I would like an idea about how much we are...
3
3

Building a lean-to
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 | You would mitre cut and fit the wall plate as needed provide a wall plate along the entire wall of the required type for the size/weight of the roofing system you are planning to...
1
1

freon
Has anyone tried using the freon that you buy for a car AC system in a home centralized AC system? Are there any reliable discussions about this topic on the web. I see some, but don't know who to...
43
43

Sticky wall problem
I have one of these oversized decorative clocks on the bathroom wall. It hangs on a screw into a plastic sleeve. To keep the clock slightly off the wall, and even, there are two bosses about 1" in...
8
8

Any suggestion for an inexpensive rubber stopper such as these (see pic) for Fafco solar panels?
I bought the $40 repair tool kit from Fafco solar panels which only comes with 10 rubber stoppers: it takes four plugs per leak, and since I have dozens of leaks, I also bought (at about $1.50 each),...
32
32

HVAC help
I stumbled upon your website and loved it. My carrier weathermaker quit working. It is about 14 years old. I went outside and there is a loud hum and the fan is not running. I spun the fan with a...
12
12

cutting straight edge in wood with dremel
I've got a cabinet in the laundry room (see pics) where I want to cut off about 1/4" from bottom (bottom face). I will stop perhaps 2 " from each end of cabinet. The board / trim is about 11/16" thick...
15
15