Subject Author Posted Replies

Fire blocking code references
A friend of mine had some rehab work done on a one-story single-family ranch-style home, and the local inspector cited some "fire blocking" issues. My understanding is that the actual citation was for...
9
9

Honeywell RA832A Hydronic Switching Relay
Hello, Have 2 Honeywell RA832A Hydronic Switching Relays on a forced hot water residential furnace. Two circulators; no zone valves. Thermopile ignition. Label has come off, so can't read the model...
1
1

20 vs. 30 amp plug - transfer switch/generator
About to pickup a 5000ish watt generator, but I am very confused on what tr= ansfer switch to get. I know I have to get a switch rated for 5000 watts, = but how do I match up the transfer switch with...
16
16

Truth in advertising?
http://hooniverse.com/2012/09/24/truth-in-advertising-hazard-fraught-tools/
2
2

need advice on a portable generator
Hi All, With winter coming and the storm back east, I have been thinking of a portable generator to run my refrigerators (3) and run the fan on our gas furnace. We have an allergy to gasoline fumes...
16
16

Used car prices: UP
"The estimated 250,000 cars flooded by Superstorm Sandy on the East Coast will drive up used-car prices, even as far away as California. The supply shortage comes on the heels of an already tightened...
57
57

5 Reasons Why You Should Never Park In Front Of A Fire Hydrant
1. Because this will happen:
3
3

leaf blower switch repair
My electric leaf blower stopped working and I found the switch has gone bad. The switch is a slider switch with 3 positions: off, low, hi. In the low setting a diode (actually two diodes in parallel)...
1
1

Interesting article?
has a somewhat interesting article at concerning the 7 worse home fixes (the least payback). Their prices for doing the improvement seem somewhat overstated to me but maybe somewhere it would cost...
2
2

Faucet problems
I have a roughly 5 year old Delta faucet with one handle more or less like this one. The handle on the top that moves back forth for hot or cold is frozen and the ability to move the faucet back and...
8
8

More on inverters
From a blog post:
40
40

Ideas for Replacement Storage Wheels for Harbor Freight Fold-Up Trailer
Seems like I would want get rid of them and hang the thing on a wall. The hitch seems rather low. Greg
1
1

Generac GP5550 Reviews
Some like it, others don't. What IS nice in the reviews is where to get replacement parts (e.g., carb needle valve) that won't corrode or fail. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for...

Chris reviews three cell mag light
A. Young Learn more about Jesus . Use mine for security and night building check
24
24

Changing sink hot water shut off valve
Need sage advice on how to removing an old leaking hot water shut-off = valve and salvage the nut. Can't budge the nut and has bimetal = corrosion. Would anything work better than std penetrating oil...
8
8