Subject Author Posted Replies

MDF tongue/groove wainscoting....nails AND glue?
I'm planning on putting in wainscoting in dining area, now that I've removed the dang wallpaper. I have choice of cutting 4x8 panels or using tongue and groove panels that are about 7" wide each....
12
12

A man with a gun walks into a bar
A man with a gun walks into a bar, and yells out "Who slept with my wife?!". Another man replies: "You ain't got enough bullets mate!".
1
1

Peeling hardboiled eggs
I saw this on another newsgroup and thought people here would find it useful HOW TO PEEL A HARDBOILED EGG WITH AN AXE : In my retirement , I am sometimes asked by neighbors how to solve certain...
8
8

OT - rules for good health
Six Basic Rules For Good Health 1. F***ing once a week is good for your health, every day is even better. 2. F***ing gives proper relaxation for your mind & body. 3. F***ing refreshes you. 4. After...
1
1

Liftmaster Garage Door Closer
Call me a worrywart, but every time I open or close my garage doors, I look up and watch with worry the belt retract or un tract. I think - I have two nice cars sitting underneath, what happens if the...
9
9

John Deere L100
You might want to check Ebay and look at the closed auctions. Your local want ads might be a good option. I'll crosspost this to The group is really quiet.
15
15

Do "roots in the sewer in the past" require disclosure?
Imagine a house with a cast iron sewer pipe connected to the town's PVC pipe at the property line. Imagine - in the past - roots finding their way into the junction of the 2 pipes and causing a...
63
63

Cooktop timer?
Does anyone make a slick top range with a timer on the burners? I did this with my old spiral element cook top when my daughter was learning about cooking, just so she would not forget a pan on the...
7
7

any way to effectively rid Gorilla tape odor?
Had a project to do recently and decided to use Gorilla tape as duct tape just wouldn't have been strong enough. I am left with a problem however: odor! The smell from the tape is bad enough that it...
15
15

Auto Drip Coffee Makers
I have a with all the extra buttons for delayed-brew, clean ,etc. (model ISX43) The question: does the "regular/strong" selection do anything? It appears to taste the same and take the same time to...
20
20

OT , but you guys are always interested in ships that sink
OT but you guys like this stuff. I wonder if you noticed over the past few weeks the mounting number of incidents involving Carnival Cruise Lines. The news helped us keep count. First was the one that...
4
4

How to peel a hard boiled egg with duct tape
I simply shock a warm egg with cold water and peel under the running faucet!
1
1

Genset bearing end cap failure - what caused this???
There are 12 photos here showing a genset that has failed twice the same way after only several dozen hours of running, most of that just to start it periodically each week to make sure it's working....
5
5

Time and a half for over 40 hours
My niece just started working for a company yesterday. She is working in a convenient store that also sells gas. She has almost no job experience. She says her boss does not pay time and a half for...
98
98

Need recommendation on low VOC exterior paint
Hi All, Anyone have a recommendation for a good low VOC exterior paint for use by a chemically sensitive person? Many thanks, -T
3
3