Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone know if any comsumer protection law declares how long a product should be supported ???
I had an interesting response from HTC, regarding a cell phone that they put on the market around July 2011. Apparently there was an upgrade from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2, which was available a few...
18
18

Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in 'trade sizes'?
Do pool cloth filter cartridges come in 'trade sizes'? A while ago, someone suggested sourcing replacement parts by trade size, which was a boon because it opened up an avenue for o-rings and seals...
8
8

Chair goes too far back
I have a chair for my outdoor table on the deck that has all of sudden decided to go back WAY too far and nearly tips over. Any suggestions on how to either fix it or McGyver something so it won't...
23
23

meter for hard water
Are there devices that measure the hardness of water - a meter, not a st of chemicals or test strips? One designed for hardnes, not TDS (Total Disolved Solids).
20
20

Repair front porch paint
I will try to attach a couple of pix of my concrete front porch, showing "leprosy" caused by years -- decades -- of painting over old messes. 1. Best way of dealing with it, I am told, is hire someone...
23
23

Delta faucet repair?
A friend of mine has a number of Delta faucets in his home with the single multi-function handle and they all leak under the handle, especially in the full-cold position. Is there perhaps some sort of...
5
5

Sears Kenmore Model 33 dehumidifier won't turn off
This thing keeps my basement from being dank and dungeon-like. Occasionally this dehumidifier would refuse to shut off and would turn the coils into a solid block of ice. I would unplug it, let it...
22
22

Square Foot garden
Just got a new book: "All New Square Foot Gardening" by Mel Bartholomew. He dismisses conventional row gardening and promotes a different model. His garden consists of, for example, a 4x6 foot 6" tall...
17
17

Swimming Pool Filter recommendations
It appears that my SS Nautilus 48 DE filter needs replacement. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
18
18

Left vs Right Driving
7
7

Can plastic "rot" or "rust"?
The Craftsman humidifier I'd installed on the air handler of our home's heat pump HVAC system started dripping water. I assumed that the float valve which controls the water level in the plastic tray...
7
7

Separating Potable Water from Heating Water Loop
I live in Maine. My heating and hot water system is a bit unorthodox. The system is designed around an 80000BTU/h hot water heater that is used for both potable and hot water. The system is 18 years...
9
9

Swamp cooler problems
Problems with swamp cooler water distribution. One of three pads getting little water. Tried pushing a small snake through the tubes and they seem to be clear. Evidently the water distribution hub is...
18
18

Have you ever made a snake catching tool (for home use)?
I find a couple snakes a year in my front yard, usually harmless gopher snakes, but not always. So it would be nice to be better prepared for the next one. Have you've made a snake-catching tool for...
25
25

Is this baby snake coiled up outside a gopher snake or a rattler?
Grandkids just found this baby outside by their skateboards: Can you tell if it's a rattler or a gopher snake? I don't want to hurt a gopher snake - but I can't see the eyes. Will try to get a better...
55
55