Subject Author Posted Replies

Tile saw
Looking for suggestions, on purchasing a tile saw. The job is going to be a one time deal, my shower area. Would you purchase something new, used? Maybe rent? Thanks NW
12
12

Garbage dispoal and laundry room backup
I have a single sink with attached garbage disposal. the dishwasher is connected directly and it all works correctly and there is no drainage problems. I do how ever have backup from my laundry room...
2
2

Building precision
I don't know if it is me or Google, but when I look down on the Great Pyramid it looks like it is at least 2 degrees off North. (The video claims exactly North 1/500 of a degree) (3:25) The Great...
21
21

One hose portable AC?
A friend's air conditioning has failed and she doesn't have the money to replace the compressor etc. So she's looking at so-called portable AC One unit she saw looks nice, has the right controls plus...
58
58

Actual price/gallon for 12% Hasa Pool Chlorine (for SMS and the Silicon Valley)
SMS turned me on to the "Pool Store" in Saratoga, which runs a "special" all the time on HASA 12% liquid chlorine (I buy 16 gallons at a time), which has the following math, if interested. HISTORY: It...
41
41

Any suggestions for a cheap pool vacuum run on water?
I need a temporary pool vacuum for the rest of the summer in a place that I am renting which didn't come with a pool vac. It's my responsibility to keep the pool clean so I have been hand vacuuming...
2
2

Metal shingles
Anyone have experience installing these? Without knowing anything more than this, they sounds like a good alternative to tile.
9
9

Burglars for the new generation
In the seventies, someone broke in and stole my color TV. Last night, I came home to find someone had broken in and crammed in 45 or so analog televisions into my trailer.
11
11

rewired kitchen
now we can run the microwave, toaster and coffee maker all at the the same time. Each has it's own separate circuit The hardest part: Cleaning under the stove! Had to move it and wow what a mess of...
7
7

heat to AC changeover?
What could this guy be talking about? It takes weeks to swtich from heat to AC? On a building built in 1970? "Why did I want a portable air conditioner? I live in a condominium apartment that was...
10
10

Room over Garage
Finally started the project. How's it look so far?
4
4

Bending aluminum
I want to bend a 3" long, 1/4" thick x 2" wide flat stock aluminum bar to roughly a 7" radius "U" shape which will give me a 14" (ID) gap between ends. I'm reading methods of bending aluminum and some...
12
12

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running
I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and...
2
2

Water Heater dripping like noise
all of a sudden near my water heater in the garage something is making a dripping like noise it sounds like it's the water heater, but no water is seen anywhere the washing machine is on the other...
37
37

Early Kohler toilet fill valve parts?
Anyone know if service parts ball float fill valve for Kohler toilets about 30 years old are available anywhere? All I need is the part called a "plunger" the thing at the top of the assembly which...
3
3