Burglars for the new generation

In the seventies, someone broke in and stole my color TV. Last night, I came home to find someone had broken in and crammed in 45 or so analog televisions into my trailer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've got a neighbor that still uses a TV that has push buttons on it. If burglars ever broke into his house they'd probably end up leaving $5 on the kitchen table.

Reply to
Frank

The one in my living room has a channel knob that goes klunk. I've not watched in years, but I remember havign to slap it upside the head to get it right.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reminds me of the day someone dropped off about the same amount of old computers.

I managed to get most of them working and gave them away on Craig's list

Reply to
philo

I've got a computer CRT like that. Have to hit it just about every time I use it. Belongs to my major client. I had an unused, bigger LCD but it would not work without a new driver and company cannot access the machine on line from the US as it would have to be done from the UK. The battery in the pc died but it works needing to hit f1 key. I could replace it but the machine is locked from my access. Wish the whole thing would die so the company would replace it.

Reply to
Frank

I'm sure what happened was the thief you mentioned had repented and decided to pay you back because of his past indiscretions... with interest. ;-)

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Anyone remember the joke about "Dear Lord, make this lion a Christian...."? ? ? ?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How strange. Did they do much damage? Do you have any clues?

The week before they prohibited putting tv's in the trash, I threw away about 35 of them, that I had tried to fix and failed or didn't have time to try.

This was just a couple years ago. I didn't realize at the time that I could bring them to you.

Reply to
micky

Oh sure. Just like the little old ladies who have a hunnerd cats and can't imagine where they all came from.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

If you invest one tv now, in 40 years, you'll have 45 tvs, enough to retire on.

Reply to
micky

That explains the televisions, one on top of another. Making strange noises.

Wish I could find the right media to grow wire clothes hangers. Those are useful.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, unless the market crashes? But, it's still a good idea to put away a TV or two in case the market continues as it traditionally has.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon