68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800 sq ft home

No, those who obey the law get in. Of course your pointis pretty much why those found illegally should be shipped back home immediately.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Ellis Island was a harsh place. People were put back on boats and returned to the sea. Getting into America was not a given. A very dark book could have been written on Ellis Island, and probably has. But then, it would only interest people who could read, are interested in history, or want to know the truth.

But I guess someone would then write an abridged Pollyanna version.

Sheesh.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Really? No good reason?

How about people with infectious diseases? How about hard core criminals? How about terrorists?

Not quite the same as a walk in the park.

Reply to
metspitzer

You do mean politically correct version?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That is correct. I had a Norwegian roommate many years ago who came to this country to learn how to fly and gain enough experience to get a flying job back in his own country. He spoke English. He attended the North American Institute of Aviation, received his private and commercial licenses, along with instrument and multiengine ratings, and then became a CFI. That's how I met him: he was hired to teach flying at the company where I was a charter pilot.

He went on to earn an airline transport license and a Learjet type rating, then went home to Norway. As it turned out, he couldn't find a flying job in Norway (or even Scandinavia). He couldn't come back to the US either. He works today as an electrician in Norway.

The irony is that if he'd been a Mexican, he'd probably be living down the street. No quotas for them!

Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd

Here in North Carolina, there is a move afoot to not only allow the children of illegal aliens to attend our colleges, but to give them INSTATE tuition!

I agree with the concept that more education is a good thing for society in general. Where I break with this is the thought that somebody legally born in South Carolina 10 miles on the other side of the NC_SC border would be required to pay out of state tuition while these illegals would get the instate rate. That just isn't right.

The argument has been made that they ought to be allowed to attend because they've graduated from our public schools. How did that happen? Who let them register?

We have become a nation of enablers.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd

Quota:

1 : a proportional part or share; especially : the share or proportion assigned to each in a division or to each member of a body 2 : the number or amount constituting a proportional share 3 : a fixed number or percentage of minority group members or women needed to meet the requirements of affirmative action

Now try again.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

I havew no idea the point you are trying to make.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

It appears from your response that you don't understand a quota vs some sort of requirement based on some factor like race, religion, criminal history etc.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

I understand quotas, I was arguing for them, if you will remember.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman