6 years old Kitchen Aid refrigerator frost and dripping problems

Hi all:

We have a 6-year-old Kitchen Aid (model#: KSRS25FGSS13) refrigerator and it seem to share similar problem discussed in this posting:

There were no one replied in this person's previous posting so I'm hoping that someone (who might be an refrigerator expert) could help me out a little bit. Basically this Kitchen-Aid refrigerator (freezer on side model), frost accumulated in one section near the opening of the freezer, and water drip on the floor of the refrigerator very often (like 3-4 days out of a week).. any idea which part might need to be replaced? Or this refrigerator really need to be retired?? We have a big family (8 family members) so you could imagine that the door was closed and opened many times a day -- don't know whether this is related or not...

Seriously, if we need to replace with another refrigerator, which brand/model is designed with big family in mind (more durable, last longer, with reasonable price)?? Any suggestion? What does Consumer Reports has to say about refrigerator? Thanks!

Reply to
T. T.

Sounds a lot like a clogged condensate drain under the evaporator.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good description of the problem and the use. Frost accumulation near the opening indicates a poor seal and a poor seal would result in defrosting and explain the water dripping problem. Also, the number of people using the refrigerator, especially if there are young ones would rapidly wear out the seal. Replace the door seal. Six years of use is pretty low to be considering a new refrigerator.

Or donate the refrigerator to a non-profit and tell them that it needs a new door seal. Then go buy what you want. Doesn't much matter what brand as long as it is a standard brand, just get the features you want.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon