Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with simple bridge
A few years back (~5) I built a rustic bridge over our seasonal stream by l aying deck boards over a couple of tree trunks (5"-6" diameter) that I cut down. The stream channel is about 16' from bank...
27
27

Building burns to the ground because of no Cellphone Service
A small rural town in the Midwest has no cellphone signal at all. Last week I was driving thru that town and developed vehicle problems, late at night. The only businesses that might have been open...
47
47

OT: BMW X1 vs. Subaru Forester 2.0XT
Anyone have one of these two? Wife likes Subie but I am little hesitant on CVT. Any comments? I am comparing two top of line models.
9
9

removing tile adhesives
Hi NG, This page shows a couple areas of tile adhesive I'm removing: I have 2 areas of tile removal that are problematic for me, and I wanted to see if anyone knew any tips. The first has thin tiles...
2
2

SR-71 **OT*** but good story
We have one here out by The Boneyard. While it's "cool" looking, I personally am more impressed with the B52/X15 pair; the idea of something that *big* launching something that *fast* that long...
20
20

Set oven temp on GE Profile range
Is there any way to set or to zero the temperature on a 5 year old GE profile (double oven) SS23341OP range please? The oven temperature bears no relationship to what is on the display. Mine seems...
3
3

Sensor type Sink Faucets and Toilets
Many stores seem to be putting sensor faucets in their restrooms. Personally, I hate them. Some work fairly well, while others are annoying as hell. Anything I hate is when I have to practically do a...
4
4

OT Broadband costs
My CenturyLink bill including DSL went up another $20 to $106 - DSL now $80. Called CL for possible reduction but people incompetent. I'll have to go back to dial-up. Don't watch TV so no cable. Can...
25
25

Chair Rails
I installed chair rails for my sister in her new rental home. All went well except two minor issues. In one room, with my Zircon I520 deep scan stud sensor, I cannot locate a stud to fasten a section...
12
12

OT Sun visor problem on Nissan
My 2012 Nissan Versa driver's sun visor makes a large CLICK when I put it up or move it down. There is now a large space between visor and roof when it is up. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
7
7

Hand signals from car
Cyclists can just stick their arm straight out. Which I take as a challenge to knock them over. I prefer a more active gesture, kinda like the move IAM drivers use on the steering wheel, but with the...
2
2

Electric furnace?
Electric furnace? Only $600 Good idea? Baltimore. Not for me.
67
67

OT. The NO phone
I remember the pet rock. Maybe this will catch on too. An article from the New York Times discussing teen texters. Youngsters who check their phones constantly and snap if you interrupt them may have...
1
1

Long turn vs. short turn 90deg elbow: sanitary from toilets
Hi. I'm replacing the cast iron 4" sanitary lines to my two bathrooms with PVC. They drop vertically from each bathroom and turn 90degrees to horizontal in the basement. This turn is via existing long...
18
18

bonding rubber sheets
It will depend on what kind of "rubber" it is - - -many kinds of synthetic rubbers, and different concentrations of natural rubber mixed with them - -
14
14