4-wire dryer power cord **longer** than 6 feet

This seems to be my day for asking questions...

I need a 4-wire power cord for an electric dryer. The problem is that the longest stock cord I've seen listed is (like my corrent cord) 6 feet long and I need something at least 8 feet long. There was a reference to longer cords being available a much earlier posting but I havn't been able to find one. Does any one know of a source for a longer cord. I might be willing to pay for a custom cord; it may still be cheaper than moving the outlet.

Thanks! SZ

Reply to
sz

Might be easier moving the outlet,i think code says you cant have cords longer then 6 feet for stuff inside a building.Thats why most stuff you buy has 6 foot cords.

Reply to
PoCambo

Hi,

The longest 4 prong cord that I am aware of is 6 feet. I have seen 10 foot 3 prong cords but none that are 4 prone and that long.

Sorry,

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I seem to recall that Home Depot carries a 9 foot 4 prong( two hots a neutral and a ground) dryer pigtail 10 gage 30 amp in their electrical department, not in their appliance department.

Stan

{Delete nospam for email}

Reply to
ssody

(maybe against code but they do sell it) go an electrical supply house and get this or do this one off the web:

is just the plug then you add your own wire of any legnth you need - i would kick up the awg since the plug will accept 10 - 6 awg

(another one that is against code but they do sell the parts) get an surface mount outlet and 2 dryer cords and use the first one as an extension cord.

original outlet ---> dryer cord #1 ----> surface mount outlet (attached to wall) ---> dryer cord #2 ----> dryer

Reply to
.

You "think" code says "stuff"?? You don't know jack shit about anything do you? Find a hobby. Giving advice isn't your forte.

Reply to
Klaus Der Phauck

Thanks everyone for our input!

I've got a call in to our electrician. I'll confirm the code issue as well. If it is a code issue, I'll probably just have the outlet moved. I'll sleep better that way!

Best, SZ

Reply to
sz

^^^

"Our electrician"??? You have your own electrician?? And you're begging people in here for answers?? What a chickenshit.

Reply to
Harpo Mars

They do make a 10' 4 wire dryer cord. here is the link.

PAUL100

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

??????? Always had to by one as there are many variations on dryer and stove outlets. Mobile home code usually requres 4 prong, while standard home outlets are 3 prong. You move you just might have to either change plugs and cord or outlet. Just did this for someone a few months ago!

-- Mike D.

Remove .spamnot to respond by email

Reply to
Mike Dobony