2 zone AC not working correctly

Hi, could use some advice before i call in the HVAC guys..

our new house has hydro-air and central air. i've noticed this summer that the 2 zones aren't working correctly - it seems when either the upstairs or downstairs thermostat calls for cold air, air is pumped through every vent in the house. i do hear a noise from the basement that i think is a damper closing, but there's no doubt that air is coming from all vents.

so, my question is, if upstairs is calling for ac, shouldn't it only run upstairs?

thanks! /mike

Reply to
mtbmike

no replies? zero? trolls with profanities and worse get 10's of replies. can't somebody just tell me if i'm off base here before i call the hvac guys?

Reply to
mtbmike

Yes

Reply to