2 inch long nut? Special name?

I'm looking at joining two 3/8" male fittings together. I've seen nuts that are 2 inches (or longer) that would do the job. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to buy them.

Is there a special name for these long nuts?

Reply to
Noozer

Hi, If space is not a concern, how abou turn buckle? I know there is such a thing tube like nut.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Got to

and search for: "Coupling Nut"

Rich

Rich

This is for a stabilizer bar end link, so I don't think a turnbuckle would do the job.

Thanks though!

Reply to
Noozer

Thanks!

That's what I was looking for.

Reply to
Noozer

Rod coupling

Reply to
RBM

It's called a "coupling nut". A turnbuckle has left-handed thread on one end. HTH :-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

I just saw some of these at Home Depot - in the long bank of drawers with standard and semi-specialized hardware. Andy

Reply to
aenewhouse

Home Depot or Lowes.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

If they are used to join 2 males, they would be called HOMOSEXUAL NUTS.... By the way, a guy with 2 inch (or longer) nuts would be a freak !!!! You can probably find these nuts on one of the online GAY SITES such as egay.com. Or look to a site such as:

*ck-and-ball-toys_191/c*ck-rings_34

Reply to
homophobic28

I used to have a lesbian garden hose, until the rats ate it.

Reply to
hah