1997 Plymouth Erratic Door Locks, Harness--Chilton

Well, the Plymouth dealer tried repairing the locks (See my post above). They ran diagnostics. I'm not sure what turned up, but they did replace some switch in the driver's side door. They supposedly turned off some computer mechanism that would disable them, and tried a sequence of moves with the ignition switch that would disable them. Zippo. Still the interior door locks turn off and on randomly.

Today they were firing away intermittently as I drove around town. When I got back, and then went out about 2 hours later, they were pretty calm.

Thanks to our local small town library I can looks at Chilton manuals for the electrical diagrams for the lock components. Junction block pages, left/right door arm/disarm switch, and others. Probably 25 diagrams.

As from above, this all got started with rodents getting into the engine compartment. They fixed all other electrical damage successfully.

It doesn't look to me working one's way through the 25 devices is going to be fruitful. Possibly they can check all easily with their diagnostic devices.

It seems more likely damage was done to a wire in the harness. I don't see a diagram for one in the many categories in the Chilton DB.

Any comments on this?

I just found a pic of the engine compartment and what I believe is the harness. It is wrapped in black. I think another examination in the day time might be useful.

Reply to
W. eWatson

"W. eWatson" wrote in news:ifu13s$juh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

What post above? I use a real newsreader and don't save messages forever and ever and ever.

Reply to
frag

OK, actually what I wrote here was probably enough. I could copy it here, but I'm finished on this for the moment, as per below.

Regardless, I talked to the mechanic about it today. We tried removing a fuse that controlled the door locks, but surprisingly that turned off the airbags even though they are on a separate switch. We put the fuse back in. Going any further is way to expensive.

He suggested it might be weather related, so I'm just going to test that idea over the next weeks to see it settles down. It does seem to go through many hours of working, and then will have a fit. End of story for now.

Reply to
W. eWatson

Do you live in your car ?

Home repair LOL JR

Jerry - OHIO

This online shopping website has excellent quality of keya and locks having digital and Mortalized advanced locks with hardly breakable ones.

available @

arunprasath.r