Subject Author Posted Replies

Mold remediation companies - how legit are they?
I have a 50 yr old row house. Never had a water problem... except for during Isabella, the sump pump didn't work and water backed up into the finished basement. I dried everything out and...
10
10

Sliding door
I took out the sliding door....replaced the wheels and can't get the door back in with both sets of wheels. The wheels are up in there and to the lowest position. I've been told to remove the...
7
7

Remodeling a bathroom
Hi all, in my estimation if you desire to decorate your house to furnish it a ordinary home feel I explore a web on net it assist me since earlier than 4 month I as well wish for to decorate my house...
1
1

come-along
Is there another word for a come-along? That word sounds like slang or vernacular.
43
43

Garage Door Opener Won't Lower Door
Lately, our garage door opener has been acting up. We have a rolling metal door, and it goes up just fine. But when we try and lower the door, the opener unit flashes as if there's an obstruction...
8
8

Best flashing for the roof
Hi, Here's the roof that I will replace to put skylights in: I'm getting varying opionions on the best way to flash it at the stone wall (that you can actually barely see in the picture). Some...
2
2

I want to move my water heater outside. Considerations?
My water heater is an old electric under the counter type. We recently had it repaired but it will probably need to be replaced sooner or later. I want to build a small lean-to building, probably 2x4...
21
21

Pressure Washer Repair?
Anyone here know whether or not the spray gun on Simoniz washers can be repaired? Leaks like a sieve at the moment. I had it apart but nothing jumped out at me. TIA, rick
1
1

Leaking water heater
Our water heater has started to leak. It appears to be leaking from the long copper tube that runs the length of the outside of the heater. My understanding is that this is an overflow pipe. We moved...
11
11

Temperatue setting during long winter vacation
We will be out of country for almost whole winter. I know we got to leave the furnace ON while we're away. But what is the best temperature we should set on the control? We're in mid-west...
4
4

Regarding O-Rings Lubricating..
Any suggestions for lubricating O-Rings that are used for water pumps, basically I want to extend useful life as much as possible. Someone suggested lithium grease? SD
29
29

Need Help with Kitchen Lighting
We recently pulled out the fluorescent light in our kitchen to replace it with an incandescent light fixture. Canned/recessed lighting is not an option since we are getting quotes of $1K+ and we...
7
7

Drywall & On-Center
... And, of course, that's the same thing as edges except the centerline measurement means don't have to keep track of which edge goes on the line (which is why it's used instead). Generally, if...
10
10

Squirrel Birth Cycle
I am proposing to rout some squirrels from the space over my living room ceiling before winter sets in. The point of entry is known and I propose to set a Have-a-Heart in front of the opening to trap...
19
19

smell in flat: gas or sewage?
I live on the ground floor of a block of flats in London. I came back to my flat from holiday and immediately noticed an unpleasant smell. I thought at first it smelled like ripe cheese like camembert...
6
6