Subject Author Posted Replies

Blown-In Insulation Question
I have an older house that was originally a summer house, but was later converted to year-round use, located in North Salem, NH. A few years ago I had six inches of blown-in fiberglass added to the...
10
10

Radiant heat in the ceiling vs the floor
What are the pros and cons of having radiant heat in your ceiling? My apt. building has it in the ceiling and I'm not sure how well it works. I was looking through webpages and the radiant heat...
54
54

Tile choices over linoleum and/or plywood.
I want to put down a new kitchen floor in a property that I recently bought and that I will be renting out. For now, I just want to do something that will make it look good without having to re-do the...
8
8

pic link fixed...
I noticed that the link I posted was timing out, so some of you may not have been able to access... I think I've corrected the problem so that the link works. I'm reposting my original message...

lube the oil burner?
I've got an old old fired boiler for home heat, made about 20-30 years ago. It's a Utica. The maintenance page that came with it says to fill the two oil cups that are on top of the burner...
2
2

Building an action plan... v1.0
So far, here's what I've got: 1. Contact water company 2. Contact plumber 3. Check water bills 4. Check water meter against sprinkler system 5. Check for a warm slab 6. Check with city to see...
2
2

Easy Water...
Have you seen the commercial for a tankless water softener? Does it work? Sounds like BS to me but somebody on another forum was saying it could work..Any thoughts???
11
11

Painting over nasty paint job on sheetrock - need advice
so, a person significant in my life decided to paint my son's room a manly color. I was perfectly happy with it the way it was. Anyway, we went from a shell white to a dark brown. Looked ok for a...
11
11

Chimney
What do they use to cut a round hole into a chimney with a liner for a 6 inch stove pipe?
14
14

Copper Prices Down?
I know the price of raw copper has fallen drastically in the last few months. Has the price of copper tubing and copper wiring come back down?
1
1

Home exterior water leak / concrete porch damage [scott1960]
Hopefully someone can help me with this. Moved into this house in Las Vegas about 3 years ago. Started noticing some discoloration & deterioration of the concrete porch. In the desert landscaped rocks...
10
10

Furnace output temperature
My electronic air filter just died and I substituted a replacement type air filter. Is there a normal average or rule of thumb to determine if output temperature is excessive on a gas-fired furnace? I...
10
10

Pre-Finished quarter round
I'm installing some quarter round molding, It is the pre-finished fabricated kind of material that you buy to match laminate flooring. My question is, since this molding will not be painted should...
10
10

Viessmann Boilers Model 200 RECALL
Viessmann Boilers Model 200 made from 2002 to 2002 are involved in a safety recall. of Product: Vitodens 200 Boilers Units: About 4,600 Manufacturer: Viessmann Manufacturing Co. Inc., of Canada...

Post-form formica countertops with no backsplash?
I am trying to find a place that stocks and sells post-form Formica kitchen countertops that have the front edge finished, but do not have a raised backsplash. Instead, the countertop would just go...
7
7