Subject Author Posted Replies

Another laundry-related timer problem
Got a Kenmore washer, probably going on 20 years old, works fine. But it has developed an annoying glitch: after the wash cycle is over, it doesn't turn off completely. There's a *faint*...
1

OT...I guess - Dryer Timer
If the timer on an old electric dryer is not advancing I suume it's time to replace it, aka not really servicable? Damn things are a hundred bucks typically. This one's discontinued even.
9

Anybody know anything about these folks???
#1 16" - Fivex cedar shingles for ~$190/sq; locals want $400... #1 18" - Perfections for ~$210; didn't price local too good to be true altho haven't checked on shipping yet. Anybody here ever...

Insulation for a trailer, underside and freezing pipes
Hi folks, for my Mom. I believe she has a frozen pipe under her trailer for the outbound water. She may have one inside as well (hard to tell). She's contacting a plummer. Water not draining and...
9
9

Wiring color: red instead of black OK?
I'm just wondering if something wiring-related is a no-no. I've got a couple spools of perfectly good #14 stranded wire. Problem is, they're red, and I have a small job requiring white &...
22
22

Lawn tractor safety
I needed to bypass the bullshit safety seat safety switch the other day to I could see if my snowblower auger was operating correctly having sheared a pin on one side. If I remove the switch and tape...
19
19

Attic insulation: do attic floor, or roof, or what? And, how much work (ie $$$)?
Am a bit confused about how one does insulation in the attic. I read here that for some attics, you insulate the roof, and for other types, you do the floor. Something to do with whether or not...
14
14

New interior doors for $19
I'm in need of a 30" interior door, to be used as a pocket door. Home Depot is selling pre-primed doors (no predrilled holes) for $19. They also sell doors for $34 and I can not find much...
4
4

Running Electrical wire in shed
I built this shed in the backyard, it has a dedicated 20amp GFCI circuit running to it. Once inside the shed (it comes in from the floor) I have it hit a junction box and branch out to the various...
24
24

Adding another antenna to my existing antenna set-up
Hello. I have an antenna in my attic and 2 digital converter boxes and I'm ready for the digital switchover. There are a couple other channels that I cannot get with my current antenna, and...
20
20

Trying to tunnel a 2" PVC pipe underground - hit a road block
I am thinking of adding a sink to the kitchen island - I don't have to do it, I have a kitchen sink by the wall, but thought I would add a sink if it can be done relatively easy when everything is...
10
10

Cutting a Chain with a Chainsaw
Year after year, in every store I see chainsaws. Yet, I have never seen anyone cut a chain with them. People cut trees with them, which is really stupid. If they were made for cutting trees, they...
7
7

Boxing in skylights
Hi, This topic had come up before, but I keep getting conflicting advice so I wanted to dedicate a thread to it. When boxing in skylights, I being told that one does not want to use drywall for the...
12
12

How far can a drawer slide out?
Hi, Next to the fridge niche, I have space in the wall to install something like a slide out pantry. The bottom drawer will contain a trash bag and recycling bins. So I want the drawer on top of it to...
11
11

Ariens Snow Blower
I was blowing tonight, after it quiting on me I check the belt and notice it came off. I fixed that but the problem is now auger housing from the drive housing is apart. When I was fixing the belt I...
2
2