Subject Author Posted Replies

FOLLOWUP -- GE Profile washer not working [FIXED]
I fixed this GE profile. The problem was that the air line leading to the pressure sensor (FULL/EMPTY sensor) was obstructed by debris. I removed debris and the machine is now doing its second load...
4
4

OT Cordless phone with 3 extra handsets
Who has a set they like? I just bought a Panasonic set. I get echo. I am taking them back to Costco. They are 6.0
21
21

California Fencing Question - Horizontal wood slats?
Hello, we are looking to repair a fence that dates to the early 1960s in Southern California. We don't have the big bucks to buy a new one, so we'd like to at least do a decent repair job by...
1
1

What brand top loading washer is most reliable
I tend to agree with you.
22
22

Problem with GE profile top loading washer
Our GE Profile washer, which is out of warranty, broke down. Specifically, in the drain cycle, the pump would pump, but it would never stop pumping and the spinning is never initiated. It is as if it...
18
18

Odd door size
In my basement with a low ceiling the door opening is only 75" high. What do you reccomend for new replacement doors ?
4
4

Power tool drag racing
What you can do with your old shop-vac Video BBC NEWS | UK | DIY fans drag-race power tools
1
1

20-yr old ""LION auto-number C-71" inking-stamp: how to reset numbers to 1?
Long time ago I bought a mechanical ink-stamper (for lack of better name) with which you can stamp things 1, 2, 3, ... Long gone are the instructions. Brand is LION, item C-71. Any idea how to reset...
5
5

Problems with DTV transition
"[MISSOURI] The digital transition has left some confused, but a Joplin man was down right frustrated with the switch. So frustrated, in fact, that he peppered his television set with gunfire. "...
5
5

rusting tools, metal building
Howdy, I have an interesting dilemma but first a little background. For seven years I had my woodshop in our one-car attached garage. It wasn't heated or cooled and not very tight. I live in the...
14
14

Cheap alarm clock
I just bought a cheap electric alarm clock - made in China naturally. When I plugged it in it displayed the correct time. How does it do this? Does it pick up a radio signal? The clock works...
27
27

Putting heat tape on antenna rotor
I don't know why you couldn't, most come with a thermostat, so you could just leave it on. The real problem is likely either the grease inside it is old and stiff & perhaps too thick to begin with, or...
7
7

Testing thermocouples with multimeter
The universal thermocouples used in gas appliances like water heaters, soves, space heaters and so forth employ thermocouples specified as "30 mv" When a thermocouple fails, the pilot light will not...
3
3

Man Shoots TV Over DTV Converter Problems
Well, I guess that solved the problem...... Now he can go for help over his drinking and wont need to worry about whats on tv. Too bad someone didn't video this, it would have been a big hit on...
13
13

Switch cover plates
I'm looking for a White, Double , switch on one side , blank on the other. I didn't think this would be such a big deal to find, but i'm striking out. anyone got a part number? thanks...
12
12