Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman (again) Return Policy?
I've purchased Craftsman tool in the past because of the liberal return policy but seem to remember a recent poster getting a snarky response from the sales droids about that. My Gooja Karma seems...
34
34

Slow Drain in Bathroom Sink?
I have always been able to figure this one out but this time it's beyond my ken. I've already torn the undersink u-bend apart thinking hair (and assorted goop) would have gathered in such mass...
7
7

Broken Plastic facia on Dishwasher.
I have a dishwasher that is 6 years old and has a broken plastic front facia that holds the start button ad control panel at the top of the door. Is there any sort of 'sticky tape' that is...
5
5

drain plug adjustment
I have a pedestal sink in the bathroom. The drain plug is adjusted in a manner where it sits rather low when the plunger is pushed all the way down. The water doesn't drain as one would expect of...
6
6

WD-40 WOW !!!
I knew how and why WD-40 was invented / discovered, and that it is good for some things, but is not worth a darn for lubrication. But, I didn't know that it was good for all that is claimed in the...
7
7

What wrong with camping indoors?
My landlord said he was going to evict me if I camp in my living room. I set up my tent, but I had to nail it to the carpet on the floor because I could not drive in tent steaks. He said that was...
5
5

OT put a cork in the barrel
OT So, if you are a navy SEAL and you're carrying a gun, intending to use it as soon as you pop out of the water, do you have to put a cork in the gun barrel, so the barrel doesn't get any...
16
16

Can't find plugged defrost tube
My sister-in-law has an Amana Model TM16SPG. Its a top freezer, about 18 = cu.ft. Water drips and occasionaly pours from the freezer into the = refrigerator section via vent holes or the refrigerator...
11
11

This should cheer you up......
"With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy." Max Ehrmann, Desiderata, Copyright 1952. www.wherethehellismatt.com 14 months in the...
5
5

Intermittent flickering on 2 separate circuits
The flickering coincides on 2 separate circuits that I know of. This is not the brief interruption of electricity that occurs when a major appliance starts up. A licensed electrician inspected the...
8
8

Pressure washer recommendation needed
Gents, I'm looking at getitng a pressure washer for cleaning my sidewalk/driveway and patio. I get a lot of roof soot on the concreate and lower bricks on my house (I need to get gutters but that...
7
7

ail guns....when to use
I am aware of the obvious when using brad nail guns or even finish nail guns for molding, cabinets, furniture and other completed assembly. Is there ever a time to use a finish nailer for a...
3
3

How to fur out wall with 2" PVC drain in the way?
I have a bathroom with an exterior concrete block wall that I intend to fur out 3" or so. The shower valve, the recessed medicine cabinets etc...are all going to be taking up that space. I intended to...
7
7

Want to make fire pit - will any old brick do?
I know that concrete retaining wall stones will eventually crack (or worse) if I use the to build a fire ring. So I will use brick. Is all brick suitable? Must I buy "fire brick", or will anything...
27
27

Chinese drywall poses potential risks
PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) =97 At the height of the U.S. housing boom, when building materials were in short supply, American construction companies used millions of pounds of Chinese-made drywall because it...
40
40