Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage Floor Coating
I am thinking of having my garage floor coated by either a Rustoleum product (installed by Home Depot) or by Premier Garage - I can not figure out if the material is any different. Both companies...
5
5

Radon mitigation follow-up
Thanks to everyone for their input on my post from 9/29. Thought you might like to know how the company visits went. 3 quotes 2 companies came to my house. 1 gave me a price over the phone. They...

Forced hot air main trunk replacement
Had a reputable sheet metal company come to my house to give me an estimate for replacing the main FHA trunk to a smaller height to gain some headroom in my basement. The trunk is about 40 feet long...
8
8

Fixed price propane for 2009-2010 heating season - good idea?
Hi all, My gas company just sent me a letter offering to sign up for a fixed price (@ $1.949/gallon) of propane until April 30, 2010. I don't remember them sending any such letter last year which...
10
10

Gas leak emergency instructions
"Call the gas supplier from a neighbor's phone". Isn't that totally dated? Now days we go outside, get upwind of the building, and call from a cell phone. I mean, like, retro, dude!
34
34

Copper prices
Anyone know what 200' of #6 copper is going for these days? Steve
2
2

How to make quarter rounds and to make a diagonal cut with common tools?
Hi, I have 3"x3" lumber and I would like to do one of two things: 1. Make a 3" quarter round, or 2. Make a "diagonal" cut so that the lumber has a triangular 3"x3"x profile. I have a table saw and a...
43
43

Advice on installing sliding door closet
I am framing out an opening for a sliding closet door in my basement and had a 2 questions: 1) The sliding door track kit says the height should be 1 3/4" more than the door, which means 81 3/4". Does...
8
8

Ahhh, who needs stinkin' $1 Piece of Kickout Flashing
Woman thought she just needed some new siding. Told her I thought it was a bit more involved than that. She says there was a small tree there that caused it. I sent her the pics of the grand opening...
12
12

Dishwasher leaves grit on dishes
Hello, my Kenmore diskwaher leave grit and garbage on my dishes. this is not from the dishes that are put in it. the arems move ok and are not clogged. drain is not clogged. seems to be heating and...
36
36

Screws for an ipe deck?
The fellow that built my ipe deck used #6 deck screws. He likes #6 as he finds the heads of #8 to be unsightly. I'm finding these deck screws don't have a life as long as the wood. So for an...
15
15

adhesive for tiling a basement
I am in the process of ripping up old smelly carpeting from the basement, which I figure to replace with ceramic tile. The basement is an informal space but I would like it to be livable, i.e., less...
5
5

Router question
I have an older Craftsman router that i use occasionsly. The case is broken where i tighten it for height. I guess i cant get a new case. The motor is fine,any ideas how to save this Router.
8
8

Painting Trim
I have finished stripping several layers of paint from an old door frame. The wood has been sanded and is ready for painting. The frame is across a hall from a south facing window and gets a lot of...
8
8

Sound proofing a room
In addition to the bedroom I will be remodeling that I mentioned in another thread, I am also going to remodel another room to use as a small recording studio. What's the best process and...
30
30