Subject Author Posted Replies

How would you paint this entry door?
Picture a house with no foyer. The entry door opens right into the living room. At a right angle to the entry door, trim to trim, is a closet door. Both of these doors are the same 1950's light...
13
13

Concrete over old cast sewer pipe??
Help.. My 19 year old Son bought a very old house (1890's), during renovations, he wanted to pour the very small basement (17' x 25') in order to install a new furnace, he removed the old...
7
7

Kenmore Elite DW door seal question?
Hopefully we have some appliance repair persons reading this? On my above referenced dishwasher, which has been maintained/repaired by Sears for 5+ years (contract finally has run out), it works just...
1
1

Heat pump question
Our new SEER 14 heat pump runs when outside temp drops into the low 20s. Our old heat pump would shutdown when the outside temp dropped below 35deg. Is our new machine running correctly and, if so at...
3
3

Photo-cells and CFLs, Part II
Let's try this again. I have an outdoor floodlight fixture with a photo-cell to turn it on at dusk and off at dawn. It is not compatible with CFLs. If I cover the eye so it thinks it's always...
10
10

Garage ceiling
I have trusses on four foot centers. I plan on installinf between the trusses 2x4 material every 4 feet so I can hang drywall or some other board for a ceiling. My idea is to install these boards flat...
9
9

Help with mounting wall phone
I have an antique wall phone which has been modified to work with today's modular jacks. Problem is, the phone lacks the mounting hardware on the back which slides over the two slightly protruding...
12
12

Craftsman Welder Manual
Before I go an buy one from sears, does anyone have a copy that they would like to share of the owners manual for a Sears Craftsman Home N Shop 50 Amp Arc Welder Model # 113.201420.
9
9

Swimming pool maintenance
Hi there -- I'm considering buying a home with a swimming pool, but I'm concerned about the monthly cost of maintaining the pool. Is it difficult to maintain a pool's chemical balance...
6
6

Water hammer after plumber replaced the washers
The single handle kitchen faucet never had the hammer until the licensed plumber replaced the washers to stop a leak. What would cause this to suddenly become an annoying problem? The plumber is...
3
3

Garage Door doesnt work since I unplugged it
------------------------------------- ****** ****** ******* ============================= ******* ******* ******* ============ ** ** ** ** * ** ( | ** ** ** ** ** ____/ ******* ******* ** ******...
3
3

HVAC question
Hello, I have a 2600 sq ft 4 level split home in Canada. It was built in 1985. This past spring we replaced our very non-effecient furnace with a Tempstar 95% effecient gas furnace. It really is...
24
24

Very Old Wainscoting
My elementarty school had that same wainscoting. Oh look! And there's Miss Beaver. Gee she was swell. http://tinypic.com/r/2u61a42/4
8
8

What type of caulking to use on Pop up trailer seams? Silicone?
I wanted to reseal the joint on my pop up trailer. What would be the best pick from home depot for caulking? Dap with silicone outdoor or GE silicone window and door caulking? Or is there something...
9
9

Triple or double-paned windows ?
Hello, we are up here in Ottawa, Canada. Any recommendations on the vinyl windows replacement companies - Euro Tech, Solimat ( Costco) or Verdun? Also, is it worthwhile to install triple-glazed...
4
4