Subject Author Posted Replies

Repainting semi-gloss? ? ?
I painted bathroom walls six years ago, with a primer undercoat and semi-gloss latex finish. It's beginning to need touching up. My question is, do I need to use primer again, or do I just put new...
3
3

Fluorescent Fixtures
My dad has a fluorescent light fixture in his garage with tubes that barely glow. I went to the Borg and bought a pair of replacement tubes but no improvement. I do not smell anything near the fixture...
8
8

ELECTRONIC OIL BURNER CONTROL BOX
My current boiler control box is starting to get flakey. I have a brand new Honeywell L7224U electronic control box. I have replaced these boxes on my boilers over the years with no problems, so I'm...
1
1

One use for a Kohler lawnmower engine
"Man Pleads To La-Z-Boy DWI" "OCTOBER 22--A Minnesota man arrested last year for drunkenly driving a motorized La-Z-Boy lounge chair pleaded guilty this week to a DWI charge. Dennis Anderson, 62, was...
3
3

Electric Stove
Antone come across this before? One of the small elemets wont turn on when dial is turned on 1 but needs to be put on three before heating
10
10

ceramic tile
I was visiting my brother and they have 12" ceramic tile in most rooms. A lot of the tiles are about a half millimeter higher or lower than the one next to it. Maybe less, but I can easily feel the...
39
39

SOLAR WATER pre-heat
I'd like to put in a hot-water pre-heater. ie; a coil of black plastic pipe on the roof. It would go between the cold water source, and the cold-water inlet to the water heater. No controls, no...
10
10

Blow In Insulation Questions
You guys in this group have come through for me so many times before so I hope you can help again! We have a fifty-something year old house, plaster walls and brick exterior with NO insulation in...
18
18

Load capacity of 200-amp panel (2024 Update)
This came up elsewhere and I am just curious about what the answer is. If someone has a main service panel with a 200-amp main breaker, how many amps of service can that panel actually service? I am...
208
208

What would you do with this shower?
I'm thinking of re-doing a shower stall that is currently tiled, and I want a smooth surface without tiles (I don't care how nice the latest whiz-bang grout is). The bathroom doorway is fairly narrow,...
6
6

Need ideas (electrical)
I just built a pole barn (36 x 48). I put clear panels on one side 2 feet from the eave to allow light in during the daytime hours. This seems to work great. I will use this mostly for storage of my...
9
9

Garbage disposal effluents corroding pipes?
My son detected a foul smell coming from somewhere under the kitchen. Suspecting a dead animal in a vent, they called an exterminator. The exterminator said that it was a leak in a sewage pipe. They...
6
6

Clear glass shower doors?
So I'm redoing the bathroom with a tub surround and some bypass doors for showering. I had figured on using obscured glass doors, but I might have a bead on a good deal for some doors with clear...
34
34

Electrical Question
Is it normal to have some residual voltage, under 5 volts, between the neutral and the ground? Voltage between hot and neutral and hot and ground is 120v.
14
14

Sheetrock question
I've got a weird situation where I need to hang sheetrock upside down, like on a ceiling. The board has to span 28 inches between supports. There is no way I can put any more support between the span....
13
13