Subject Author Posted Replies

Will we ever see 'universal' cordless batteries.
We have De-Walt, Mastercraft, Bosch and Craftsman batteries; all different. Most of the batteries or the associated chargers are 'shot'! And are incompatible with each other. Just wondering if we will...
29
29

OT: GPS device review
I treated myself to a low-end GPS device today (It's a TomTom 130S from PepBoys(!). $60 after rebate). And I must say I'm impressed. Of course this is a very low-end model, but it does things I didn't...
46
46

Oil in Linen Problem
Well, it happened. Someone was pouring some olive oil on their salad during the T-giving meal and missed their plate. There's now a huge blot of oil on the linen table cloth. Is there a way of...
11
11

weird fridge noise
Got a GE "Profile" french door/bottom freezer fridge, with icemaker and in-door water. Maybe a year old if that. Been 100% satisfied with it so far. Had both sets of folks over for thanksgiving dinner...
10
10

ICE MAKER ---> No Water - No Ice?????
We have a fairly new Roper fridge and we just finished tiling the kitchen. While we were working on the kitchen we had rolled the fridge in the dining room and had it running but no water hooked up....
5
5

Ryobi tools
Are Ryobi tools good ?
32
32

Drywall Crack
I have a crack in my drywall that is about 12 x 12 inches. I have patched it before, and it is back. Is there anyway to repair this, or do I need to learn to live with it? Thanks. Kate
15
15

Plumbing question about water supply
What would cause the water supply to a toilet to drop to a trickle, yet the bathroom sinks still have normal water pressure? This has been going on for 2 days now. TIA... for any replies. Barbara
5
5

THoughts/Merry Christmas to all..
Hi, Hope this article helps with Christmas and with gifts.. reading. http://hubpages.com/hub/Getting-ready-for-ChristmasHappy

Naval jelly
I have hand tools (garden pruners, hedge shears, shovels, spading forks, saws, etc) that have become slightly rusted. To remove the rust, I soaked the tools in warm, soapy water and used a scrub brush...
16
16

Kitchen cabinets
Which is less expensive lowes or HD for kraftmaid. Or is there another source that I can get kraftmaid at so I won't have to deal with the dolts as either? Tanks.
13
13

Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid
Is it just me, or does anyone else just like to mind their own business when they go to the hardware store to spend money? I'm doing a tub surround right now, so I go to my local HD to get supplies....
10
10

Plumbing question
I have a double vanity in which the sink on the left drains very slowly when water is first run. If I let the water drain out then run the water again immediately the sink drains normally. The popup,...
2
2

Fairly good recipe, easy :o)
1 can black bean soup (bought by mistake, but turned out well) 1 can red beans (for the black beans I thought I had purchased) 1 lg onion, diced 3/4 lb. boneless smoked pork chops (or ham) 1 clove...

Current flow in main neutral vs. current through water meter
Awl -- The current in the main neutral *should* be the difference in current between the main hot legs, right? However, it is usually off by between 1 and 1.5 amps, which seems to correspond to the...
11
11