Subject Author Posted Replies

filling hole below tiles
More tiling fun... I've got a triangular-shaped channel that I need to fill before tiling over - it's a strip of about 26" long and 2" wide, 1/4" deep along one edge and 0" deep (relative to...
3
3

Pool paint for small outdoor pond?
This is for a friend of mine so I don't have all the details. He said his father has a small concrete or cement outdoor pond in his back yard that he wants to paint. He is wondering what type of paint...
2
2

Mount outdoor outlet to stucco wall
I like to mount an outdoor outlet box to a cement stucco wall. I tried to punch through the breakout tabs at the back of the box but it is not coming off. I am suspecting if it is even really a...
21
21

Washing machine tub - porcelain coated, plastic, stainless
Is there any particular advantage to a porcelain coated tub in a washing machine vs plastic or stainless? Seems plastic and stainless would have the edge since they never rust.
8
8

Lawn Tractor Trouble Update
I promised when I got this fixed I would post the results. Last fall, I was having trouble with my lawn tractor and posted about it. The tractor would run for about a half hour and then just stop. It...
17
17

Drywall
If I were to put drywall in my garage, then cover with the pre painted water resistant 1/8 inch boards at Lowes, would the tapered ends of the drywall be visable? I am debating going with OSB under...
28
28

Unscrew Kohler faucet handle - help...
I am trying to unscrew my Kohler faucet but it just not giving in. Do I need to use a strap wrench or something? I don't want to scratch the chrome surface. I took 3 photos. It's the one in Thanks
16
16

Waterlogged Pressure Tank- Update
I emptied the tank today and the pressure was 0 as many of you had expected. Since the tank had been in place since 1977, I replaced it, assuming this was no small bladder leak that could be "nursed."...
8
8

New Electric Dryer -- worth it?
Awl -- The list of reasons to replace a traditional top loader washing machine with a front loader is about an arm-length long -- it's rare that such purchase decisions are win-win-win-win, with...
39
39

OT: What up with 9V Alkaline Batteries?
You know those squarish snap top batteries that we've all become used to for decades and decades and many electronic devices use? Well its time to change the batts in my smoke alarms and I went out to...
53
53

Difference Between Hydrated, Quick and Hydraulic Lime?
Hello, Whatis the difference between: Hydrated, Quick and Hydraulic Lime? Which one is used in Venetian Stucco?
1
1

Lying about your gas meter readings...
I was at a party last night and a neighbor who works for a commercial HVAC company explained his method of ripping off the gas company. He says that gas is a commodity and therefore is typically...
30
30

Adding air
I have a 30x30 metal building. I have no windows. What would be the best and cheapest way to air condition it? I thought about a window unit but I have no windows and not sure if cutting the...
38
38

repairing lead bend leak
I believe I have a leak in the lead bend of my toilet. Fortunately, its not leaking where it goes into the cast iron waste pipe stack, but I think it has a small hole or cracked somwhere past the...
3
3

Venetian Stucco
Hello, Has anyone here done any Venetian Stuccoing, and if so do you have any information for a beginner? Thank you.
1
1