Subject Author Posted Replies

Insulating an open ceiling room
I have a small "studio" that has an open beam ceiling - there is no attic (or crawlspace) between the room and the roof. Since it has a small ridge beam (2x) there are rafter ties that run across the...

Genie Intellicode Model IS550/A
Hey my garage door wont close all the way, it stops about a foot from the floor. I dont have the manual so i dont know where the adjustments are for the Down Limit Switch or even how to adjust it. Any...
4
4

Waterproof a plywood cathouse?
Last year I had a 4*8 outdoor plywood board (pressure treated I think) cut into appropriate pieces at the local Home Despot and put together a little house for a few feral cats. I used some...
24
24

High pitched noise from furnace blower
Our house is 5 years old and we have a trane furnace (80% efficiency) that is the same age. When the blower turns on (whether a/c, heat or just fan), you can hear a faint high pitched whine coming...
16
16

which tile saw to get
I'm installing 12X12 ceramic tile in the basement. I've been doing the whole tiles first, but to finish the job I will need about 100 cut pieces for around the edges, doorways, floor drains, etc. I...
24
24

Wood filller before painting
How best can I fill or finish the curved wood surround (new wood) of a halfmoon window before painting? The grain of the material is fore-and-aft i.e. across the grain of the whole (plywood?) surround...
5
5

15A outlets on 20A circuits
Last week, I posted about running 12/2 wire for a kitchen reno. Well all the circuits are run. I decided on running all 12/2 instead of 12/3 and splitting circuits. Looking ahead to outlets, had a...
96
96

Combo toilet and wash-basin
Well, why not? Pic
6
6

GE dryer quitting
I would check to see that the vent is clear, and meets GE specs for length and bends. Years ago, I had two incidents where GE dryers would trip the breakers mid cycle. It turned out that there were...
12
12

How do I cut plexiglass?
I got to remove a few inches to fit in a window. It's a big piece too, almost 4 feet and I have to cut off 2 inches the fill length. How do I cut plexiglass?
35
35

Safety and OSHA rules...
..regarding hard hats. http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/epic-fail-hard-hat-fail.jpg
1
1

Cotton rope
OK, here is the quick and simple. I obtained some cotton "boat rope" with the express purpose to convert segments into tug toys for two really big dogs. Cotton because what I've read says this is...
15
15

Toilet tank
Hola, amigos y amigas Here's a pic of problem in my toilet tank: [IMG] is on Tiny Pic, and I'm shaky about uploading, so hope you can find it) A few weeks ago I started hearing a trickling sound in...
4
4

Large wattage CFL with small base
I am looking for a high wattage CFL with a min-candelabra base. I have found 40 and 60 watt equivalent ones, but they are sadly very dim. This is for a small ceiling fan light that takes 2 such lamps....
5
5

HF free flashlights
Has anyone noticed that they are now putting alkaline cells in the free flashlights? Instead of the heavy duty cells in the other two I have. That's nice. I just hope they don't leak like the...
12
12