12 volt impact wrench

"Good" is the operative word here. A good

1-bend tire iron won't slip of the lugs, and a good cross-iron won't freaking twist into a pretzel and snap the socket off the bar on you. Both of which I've had happen with cheap equipment.
Reply to
Goedjn

Having one that fits the lug nuts; priceless.

-- Oren

Oren

Jim Yanik posted for all of us...

Run Forest, RUN

Reply to
Tekkie®

So was I. Anything more will warp the rotors.

Reply to
krw

An 'l' iron will still put a lateral torque on the lug and tend to slip on the nut. Get a decent 'X' iron and put it under the spare, You do have a full sized spare...

Reply to
krw

Yep, but cheaper better. Figure on rotors for every brake job. It's not a biggie if you do the work yourself, but check out what the shops charge for those $15 rotors. Midas, anyone?

Reply to
krw

I've had jacks (more than one) that didn't have any surface that was usable for something like that. One example was the one that had nothing but a hook on its business end for hooking into a slot on the car.

Reply to
clifto

The limiting factor is usually the socket on the lugnut. An adult jumping down on a tire iron can produce over 200 ft-lbs of force assuming it didn't slip off, but 30-40 ft-lbs is probably a typical maximum before a cheap tool slips off.

Reply to
AZ Nomad