Subject Author Posted Replies

Cutting one granite tile
I'm building a small granite tile (~ quarter inch thick) counter top and need to cut just one (18") tile. I'd rather not rent a tile saw for this. Suggestions? I don't mind this taking some extra...
7
7

OT: Measurement help- car driver
Have looked but can't find a math or physics NG that will help on this, so turning to the NG that Knows it All. Problem: Looking for a formula that will yield angle of vision subtended by a driver in...
7
7

Harbor Freight Freebies
A little surprised nobody on here brought it up (that I noticed, anyway), but HF now has and is actually enforcing a minimum purchase to get most of the freebies from the pages of coupons most of us...
9
9

Simplicity riding mower seat interlock?
Just bought a different house and included with the offer to purchase was the Simplicity riding mower. Closed this week and discovered that he left the battery and a half a tank of gas in the mower....
13
13

Bostitch Nailgun SB-1850BN (air at trigger, does not cycle)
This thing has less than 20 hours and looks brand new (passed warranty). I contacted Stanley/Bostitch and replaced just about every seal this thing has, including the trigger valve. Using 110psi, I...
16
16

My 2nd trip to Harbor Freight
I went there intending to buy the multi function power tool (can we just call it a mfpt?) at half price with coupon, a roller seat, full price if I had to, and a couple small items and hopefully a...
6
6

Cypress
HD has been discontinuing some of their wood products. As a result I now own 105 1x6 8' cypress tongue and groove boards ($1.45 each, was $13). I need some of these to redo my porch and will rip some...
9
9

OT White Pages
OT The phone books have been getting smaller. With the yellow pages, I figure most places are still in business but they have moved their advertising elsewhere. But with the white pages, I'm not so...
16
16

how many repair calls before a heat pump is considered a "lemon" ??? (2024 Update)
If you've spent roughly $5k on a new furnace/heat pump that is supposed to pay for itself in just a few years with lower electricity bills, at what point (how many repair calls) would the heat pump...
16
16

I don't have too much experience with septic systems.
I saw what looked like a septic tank cover right next to this very expensive house built on a slab foundation. The house is on a hill and the ground falls off right after where this cover is so the...
11
11

OT. or is it?
kinda like a wreck or a fight, you gotta look! http://tv.breitbart.com/study-staring-at-breasts-increases-heart-health/
2
2

Painting Stucco
I want to paint my house. It is stucco over the block. House is about 10 years old. My questions are these: What is the best paint to use? There are some hairline cracks, will the paint be thick...
19
19

Tips needed for exterior house painting
I have a 1.5 story home, has original paint from 2000. I'm pretty sure it's ready for another as the caulking is cracking and the coverage looks thin. I live in a somewhat humid area -- NE KS. What...
8
8

Outdoor Home Automation
I thought I'd start a thread about home automation. I was trying to do something which I though would be simple but it's not... I have some insteon switches in the house, and was looking to move a bit...

OT - Stikkin' it to da man
Pretty uncivilized. American union people only use non lethal vandalism. Shows how much progress we have made. Joe
7
7