Subject Author Posted Replies

better spiral water hoses?
Hi All, I have been using Alsons double spiral water hoses (495DS69PK) in my shower. Seems to last okay. Now I have to get a new one as the old one is wearing out. Before I buy another one, I though...
3
3

Can you use white for one leg of 240V circuit?
OK, here'e the questiond du jour. Was helping a friend and when we took off the circuit breaker panel cover we discovered that for both AC units, whoever did this used white for one of the 240V hots....
80
80

Swimming pool remodel help needed!
We have a swimming pool built in the early 60's from concrete that has been repaired and going year after year. 11 years ago we had a pool outfit install a liner with new decking around. Worked and...
9
9

Chicago Faucets: good place to buy?
Hi All, Does anyone know of a good place to purchase Chicago Faucets? Be nice if they discounted them a bit too. Many thanks, -T
1
1

Installing new tun
Sorry if this is reposted haven't seen first post yet Tearing out old bathtub and walls. Wondering if I put the walls back up first so the tub butts up to the gyprock or put tub against studs put gyp...
3
3

Ant baits
Talstar One. IME as a PCO in MT, C ants tend to nest in the highest part of a structure. Log/P&B structures seem particularly susceptible, so the first place I looked was the ridge pole. Just because...
15
15

Installing new soaket tub
Tearing out old bathtub and walls. Wondering if I put the walls back up first so the tub butts up to the gyprock or put tub against studs put gyp rock down over the bathtub lip with a small gap on...
6
6

OT How much oil is too much?
My nephew drives my truck. When he brought it over, I checked the oil and I thought it looked about a half quart too low. I added about a half quart and checked the oil again. I guess my eyes too bad...
29
29

HVAC system classifications
Hi, When a system is defined as 2H/2C or some other combination of integers, what do this characterizations mean? Number of zones? Many thanks in advance, Sam
2
2

Three contractors no showed
Two carpenters and a landscapper no showed over the last two days. This is in spite of my agreeing to pay their bids. The first carpenter did not surprise me as he had no showed last weekend....
32
32

Tornado Disaster
We're down in North Alabama, Ga right now. FEMA nor Red Cross has made it into some of these areas. It is going to be days or longer before many have power and water since many have wells. Ice and...
2
2

Old-style Shelf Support Clips
I need to add more shelves to a built-in bookcase. The shelves are supported by clips that fit pilaster strips, similar to Rubbermaid Stripes & Clips or the Knapp & Voight clips (shown here: my...
4
4

Name of plug in US
's the name of the plugs in USA? It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.
88
88

cleaning brickwork
I had some idiots paint the house, and they managed to splatter paint on my red brickwork. They powerwashed some of it, but all it did was spread the mess! Is there any way to cleaning it off without...
1
1

SOS - SCREAMING COMPUTER!
My guru is not here, so I don't know what to do! My computer (PC, 5+ years old; well-behaved), has started SCREAMING every few minutes. It wants something, or is warning me of something. Turning to...
27
27