Subject Author Posted Replies

caulk along roof drip edge and fascia board?
I have a wood fascia board with no gutter. That wood wears at 10x the rate of the other siding, fascia. I need to prep and paint, but thinking to maybe run a bead of caulk along the drip edge and the...
7
7

Toilet sometimes runs
This is driving me nuts. Sometimes the toilet (low-flow Vitra) runs, and sometimes it doesn't. I have tried pushing the handle down different ways -- fast, slow -- but can't isolate that as a factor....
9
9

Attaching 2x4 to cinder block wall
I am looking for suggestions on how to attach a 2x4 to a cinder block wall. Here is the scenario. The 2x4 will be running horizontally on the interior of a basement wall below the ground level. It...
16
16

Major mistake
I bought a 4' vanity base from a Craigslist ad. It was perfect to replace the "builder grade" crap in the master bedroom and at a really good price. There was a problem, though. When I got it home I...
4
4

How come wood doors always grow bigger?
I'm talking about the typical situation where a wood door starting to stick= in humid weather. I plane the door so that it no longer sticks in the jam= b, and then everything is fine until a year...
9
9

Power tool Batteries
If you were going to replace that batteries in a 12v Dewalt drill, would you get NIMH or NICAD Roanin
6
6

Pergo laminate floor surface rubbed off
Because I failed to use a platic chair protector between my office chair with rollers and the Pergo, there is a faint surface circle on the Pergo showing where the top protection rubbed off. Any ideas...
3
3

WTB - Self taps
Want to buy about 1,000 self tapping screws with sealer, approximately 1/8" hole, 3/4" to 1" length, 5/16" head. Must be new. Also need some stitchers, the bell shaped self tap used to put two sheets...
16
16

crosley fridge
Whats the general oppinion of Crosley fridges......they claim to be made by fridigidair. I like the 10 year compressor warranty, everyone else has a 1 yr. warranty. Todays date is 8/22/2011 and a...
3
3

OT: Automotive question
I always look forward to reading what you guys have to say about the various items this group covers. I also find the OT threads interesting. You're a smart bunch of guys. And I didn't know where else...
24
24

What Trade Installs Floor Drains??
Might seem a dumb question but what trade would one hire to install a floor drain in a basement? Plumber is the obvious guess, but it would involve concrete work too, no? Especially getting the slope...
5
5

Putting speed control on attic fan
A few weeks ago I posted a problem with too much negative air pressure in my house caused by my attic fan. The motor I have on the fan is similiar to this. wanted to get somekind of speed controller...
56
56

Sloan Flushmate
Has anyone here experience with them? We have a sluggish toilet and would like to put a flushmate pressure unit in the tank.
25
25

USM HTS 25 Staple gun - Where to get staples?
Anyone heard of this model? I found this staple gun in our house when we bought it. I haven't measured them yet, but the staples are wider than T50, and it only takes 1/4" deep staples. The body of...
2
2

Lucy Potter
J K Rowling began her Harry Potter series writing the first book in longhand while sitting in a library. As a single mother on welfare, she knew first-hand the difficulties of being poor. Even after...
1
1