Subject Author Posted Replies

Patio repair
I hate to bother the group with a piddly question. Nevertheless, experience is better than experimentation. I've got a small, 10x12' concrete patio. The concrete has a crack and a slight uplift (maybe...
12
12

Painting concrete porch
Sigh! Again tackling this nasty job. I posted long ago about the problem repainting concrete porch because Calif. forbids use of the oil-based BM which I used for decades. When they did that, I had to...
14
14

Sump pump woes
Pre-existing home, Wisconsin basement, poured walls and floor, 6 years old. Lots of rain the last week or two and the sump pump has been turning on about every 3 minutes. Last night we had a power...
26
26

Why do I keep expecting the borgs to satisfy me?
As part of my shed wiring project, I was looking at choices for weatherproof boxes for my receptacles and cable TV jack. I wanted boxes that weren't so obtrusive - I didn't want to mount those grey...
16
16

Fallen tree ripped service entrance off building
We just had hurricane force winds and a tree fell over and it ripped down the overhead wires to my barn. This is after my electric meter so I am responsible, the electric company only repairs BEFORE...
24
24

Chainsaw teeth question
Today, I went logging. Took four freshly sharpened chains. First one worked fine, but hit a rock. Changed it. On the tooth, towards the center, there is a v shaped piece of metal that rides in the bar...
10
10

Firewood questions, chainsaw comments
Today me and two friends went to cut about three cords of wood. I brought a Husky 345, they brought Stihls. One was a 442 with a 25" bar. We needed it a couple of times. My Husky started easier than...
8
8

Wax On, Wax Off
Attn all car nutz, which auto wax do you prefer? Consumer Reports rates Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid #1, and I've read conflicting reports that it is a bear to remove. Liquid or Paste? Thanx!
5
5

sewer camera
I had inquired about getting inspection, but from the get go they wanted to redo everything. So I decided to order a 20 foot waterproof inspection camera. Going to cost $45. I might have to attach to...
10
10

NEC question: low-voltage wiring crossing 120v wiring.
I am running network cables -- shielded, if that makes a difference -- above suspended ceiling where there is already 120V Romex wiring in places. This 120V wiring is stapled to the joists at...
30
30

TV wall mounting
My sister has ask me install a TV wall mount unit (Sanus F215). Instructions are pretty straightforward. Problem is where she wants it. That center of the wall location is wallboard only. To support...
9
9

Wasps... die, die, die!
We got wasps right her in river community that's spelled with a W and stands fer sting and I want 'em all DEAD!! I got two holsters fulla Raid Wasp and Hornet Spray. I can hit 'em in mid flight!...
22
22

Antique weather vane stolen from barn in Boston area - replaced with fake
Possibility that this was an insurance scam? =============================== Weather Vane Stolen From Norwell Barn; Imitation Left In Its Place NORWELL (CBS) ? An antique weather vane worth tens of...

Automatic Sliding Door Closers
I am looking for recommendations for an Automatic Sliding Door Closer. Do you know of one that works and with which you have used ? Thanks.
9
9

OT: but fun for the steers