Subject Author Posted Replies

New Home Depot store security
New Home Depot store security I went to home depot today. searching for a employee to get some wire cut, couldnt find anyone close by electrical. did find the store full of a new security system. It...
51
51

brick with holes - filler
I have a bunch of extra bricks (actually leftover from the construction of the house) that is used as a garden barrier. what I want to know if there is something that I can fill the 3 holes of each...
5
5

Block Heater
To get one installed or no. First year in Northern New Brunswick and I hear it can get to as low as -20c some nights
12
12

Duraglas Repair of Window Sill
Last night, I took out the old single pane wooden picture window (48" x 54") to see what I'll be up against when I install the VRW picture window this weekend. In one lower corner where the old...
1
1

2-inch drain line backflow preventer?
I own a rental property that has a basement with a laundry sink, and I am wondering if there is such a thing as a drain line backflow preventer that I can install in the laundry sink drain line to...
14
14

Rookie Fun, Revised
Really? I've seen plenty of adjustable wrenches with metric scales on (I have one, made by Draper IIRC) - but not a pipe wrench. I didn't think that pipe wrenches generally *had* scales (which is, I...
3
3

Need to install a grab-bar in shower. Advice?
My mother-in-law is having shoulder-replacement surgery following a particularly bad fall, and I need to install a grab bar for her in the shower. Her house was built in the '70s I believe, and the...
9
9

Did I ruin my mower?
I have a DR self propelled trimmer with a Briggs and Stratton motor. According to instructions, I removed the4 spark plug to put a little oil in the cylinder for the winter. In putting the plug back...
9
9

Toro Lawn Mower hard to start
My Toro Personal Pace mower is 9 years old and has always started on the first or second pull of the starter cord. Not so this year. I sent it out for maintenance, and when I got it back after being...
10
10

Fiberglass Repair of Old Iron Soilpipe
Hi- I have just finished coating an old iron soil pipe with fiberglass cloth. The pipe was badly blistered and I felt it would start to leak in several places soon. A problem has occurred because in...
17
17

Fixture bad -- or "wiring?" How to tell?
So, a couple of years ago, I did a major home remodel. Electrician was OK, but he loved to "screw with things," that did not seem to need "screwing with." And, he got a bit testy when I said I would...
7
7

Cut rubber flap?
I got a replacement flap for a dog door that is made from recycled tire rubber. Damned thing is out-of-spec, a little too long for the dog door, bottom drags over aluminum frame, makes it very hard...
24
24

OT: Wall Street goniffs - where are they now?
At this link: will find a list of the big crooks in the Wall Street/too-big-to- fail Bank disaster that wrecked our economy. Did any of the perps get punished? Hah, hah, and yet again, hah! HB
30
30

Tell-A-Phone
What should I Tell it?
3
3

Fun With Rookies
Sent a new hire to get the pipe stretcher. After 20 minutes he asked "what does it look like".
19
19