Subject Author Posted Replies

How to cut Silestone counter top
Were putting in a new stove... My now counter top were my drop in stove went measures 28" The stove is 31" at the very top and 30" in the middle across it. i wrote about this before I did go to the...
7
7

Interesting story about home automobile gasoline filling stations in residential property
Interesting story just developed over the past two months that I figured I'd let you know about in case it happens to you. For about five years, I've been in an unfriendly situation with my nearest...
194
194

repairing plaster walls
I am seeking some help . . . several years ago I saw this show on repairing old plaster walls . .. the items were some sort of compound/glue that you spread on the walls then you rolled out a mesh of...
6
6

Propane Bottle Caps?
After having two camp-stove type propane bottles develop audible leaks in the valves I am wondering if it is possible to buy metal caps to seal these and other propane bottles that I keep in my...
5
5

Help, removing a wall mount TV
Bought this house and we included the wall mounted TV (~19") in the bedroom as part of the offer to purchase. I purchased a wireless headphone so my wife can watch TV while I sleep. I can't figure out...
58
58

Fiberglass or asbestos?
I opened up a defective hotplate and found a bunch of cotton-like insulation material inside. I put them into a plastic bag but a lot of short fibers (less than 1cm long) fall out of the "cotton"...
6
6

Shower Rod Problem - Help Please
Three years ago I had the bathroom done over and the man who laid the tile hung the new shower curtain rod. I got one of those that bows out in the middle for more space -- and he didn't save the...
12
12

Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine Door Lock Issue
Ok...so I my whirlpool duet washer is driving me crazy! It will not unlock the door. What do you suggest?
5
5

What are the clamps for Triplex called
I need to tighten a section of overhead Triplex cable. I used to have a clamp that went on the cable to which I attached a come-along to tighten it, but that clamp seems to have vanished. I was...
2
2

How do you stop a fresh water spring from running???
Hello, I have a problem that is becoming pretty big. Early this past spring, I noticed a lot of water running all over the bottom of my driveway and sidewalk. At first, I thought it was a broken water...
27
27

Need plumbing push on-off supply valve help
above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen sink, which driips near the crimp. I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this? Do I have to replace the entire...
14
14

Somewhat OT....x10 system
Though, not a true home repair issue, it is a home issue nonetheless. Does anyone have any experience with X10 security system and devices? I want to install some wireless cams with motion activation...
5
5

Septic alarm
I'm hoping someone here has experience with septic system alarms and can give me advice on my next step. I will give you the scoop (no pun intended) if someone responds. Thanks!
22
22

More kitchen stuff
Planning our kitchen, will be a _U_ shape, part of the _U_ will be an island, the rest will be along walls. What features are most desirable for cabinets? For that I mean, lazy Susan's, pull out...
8
8

Decent kitchen sink
Looking at drop in kitchen sinks, the 33"x22", in the $250-350 range. The one I have now is a double, deep bowl type, ran around $100, yrs ago. My complaint about it is using a long neck faucet, the...
6
6