Subject Author Posted Replies

Spurce for drawer pulls
I am trying to match a drawer pull for a nightstand with the pulls on a dresser in the same room. The pulls are not very attractive, but I think the room would look better if the nightstand matched...
7
7

Beast's Heating and Cooling in Hemet
Hi there, Beast here in Hemet Ca I am considering to move my wall heater from the hallway into the basement where I can easily vent the hot exhaust gasses under my house in the crawl space and heat my...
6
6

OT: Completely Solving Single Equation with 2 Unknowns
I almost changed channels, but I kept going. shakes a bottle of water and it turns to ice. Way cool.
16
16

(OT) Do the movie theaters use Film or Digital these days?
I could not find any other newsgroup to post this. I have not been to a movie theater in years, and just went to a movie last week. While I was there I got to wondering if they still use films to show...
11
11

Repair Lighthouse figurine
The lighthouse broke off my "Alcatraz Island Lighthouse Figurine From Scaasis". How can I glue it back on?
14
14

OT quiz with ANSWERS
Subj: Quiz - try this   What did Darwin think was the most peculiar human expression ? yawning laughing crying blushing frowning ------------------------------------------------------------------...

OT - Strategies to Max Out Social Security Benefits
They left out (at least) one strategy. Bob as reached FRA but wants to delay receiving his benefits. Sue is eligible for a spousal benefit that is larger than her own. Bob employs the "File and...
10
10

OT: Interesting Debt Comparisons
Red Green wrote in news:Xns9FFCC7045ABA2RedGreen@ 88.198.244.100: Just taking one line. Didn't really go farther because if they can't get the deficit right, there is no use. Deficit = money...
113
113

OT: proofreading is important even when you post to usenet
Proofreading is a dying art, wouldn't you say? Man Kills Self Before Shooting Wife and Daughter This one I caught in the SGV Tribune the other day and called the Editorial Room and asked who wrote...
56
56

Cleaning Bernzomatic tip
I have one of those little things that go on the end of a propane canister. It is forever acting up. Is there some secret to cleaning down deep in there? Soak in acetone? I blew it out with the air...
13
13

Floor Finish ?
I have finished sanding the floor and want to use a water based poly. Is there anything special about water based that I need to know? I have always used oil based in the past. I just read that with...
15
15

Home Depot screw display - where can I get that awesome "screw thread board".?
I want to sort all my screws and keep them sorted. The Home Depot has a board in their fastener section, into which you can thread your screw or bolt. It tells you the number and pitch. Are those sold...
16
16

My wife tells me it costs $130 for a 16x20" picture frame
My wife is framing artwork and told me she will spend about $130 for a 16x20" wooden frame. Aghast, I asked for a breakdown. She replied: 1. Frame = $60 2. Mat = $30 3. Glass/plexiglass = $15/$30 4....
24
24

How to insulate walls thicker than standard batts?
My walls have been furred out with 2-by's but because the old studs actually measure 4" or more (and in some places were furred out previously, for whatever reason) they are much thicker than the 5.5"...
20
20