Subject Author Posted Replies

Garage Door Tension Springs
Are they really that difficult to adjust? 16 ft door, spring on left "looks" fine, you know with a curvy appearance like it has proper tension. The spring on right side is straight, I can tell it has...
20
20

Advice for maintaining septic systems
I have two rental mobile home with septic tanks and drainfields that are 30 years old, and that I have had pumped pretty regularly. I have been told that adding enzyme treatments such as "Bio Clean"...
11
11

Home Depot MSA "Safety Works" faceshield blurry and generally useless
Tonight I bought an MSA "SafetyWorks" Faceshield Model 10103487, UPC code 641817021569 at Home Depot. I thought it was a good idea, especially after the thread about DerbyDad's nearly poking his eye...
17
17

cutting a fluorescent light panel
SNIP!! Jim's technique is what I use too. Keeping the knife in the same groove for multiple scores is the tricky part. I tried both power saws and hand saws for cutting plastic louvers and smaller...
9
9

Kitchen Fluorescent Light Replacement?
I have not had that problem, but are you aware that there is a newer type of fixtures and bulbs? I can't remember the name right now, but they use slightly smaller-diameter lamps, and have a number of...
12
12

Tommy Shows Contractors How To Reach Out To Their Customers !
API - Los Angeles, CA=20 2012 is appearing to be strong and healthy start for many seeking alternati= ve ways to add additional streams of income and increase their business.=20 Tommy, a 51 y business...
1
1

Power problem (gremlin?)
Situation Ceiling fan with light kit, fan and light on individual wall switches. There are internal switches (pull chain) on the fan too...on/off for light, high/medium/low/off for fan. Everything...
22
22

3 Prong *Plug* with no ground connection?
I received this in an email from a friend while we were discussing some house wiring issues. This friend lives in the UK. I find this hard to believe, so I thought I'd check here He wrote: "I was...
32
32

108-year-old vacuum cleaner
...but can he still get bags? ;-)
14
14

Flying lawnmower
For those really (REALLY) tall weeds... Video
2
2

Black & Decker BDL100AV All-In-One SureGrip Laser Level - Review
I am not sure why I even read your review. My experiences with B&D ended several years ago. Maybe I was hoping for a change from my past experiences. Now I won't even pick up a B&D tool to even look...
7
7

Good deal on 12 V drill at local megastore (USA)
Lowe's has the Bosch 12-Volt 3/8" cordless drill (PS31-2A) for $99 plus tax. I guess its nationwide. I want one because it's no doubt much lighter and easier to control than my 14.4 V DeWalt compact...
28
28

Foundation Vents
My home is in central North Carolina. A friend told me recently that many new homes do not have foundation vents. What's the story? Vents or no vents? Should I seal mine off?
4
4

Raising snowblower handles? (2023 Update)
So we finally got some snow so I could play with my 'new' [7 yr old] snowblower. I like it better [mostly] than the 30yr old one it replaced--- but the handles are about 3-4 inches too low. I'm no...
13
13

in wall timer wiring
The timer I wired in (successfully I might add) says in the sales sheet it doesn't require a neutral wire. What is the advantage of this? Still trying to learn wiring :(
31
31