how to fill depressions in my yard from tree removal?

Our yard has 10 or more depressions from large pine tree removals done about 15 years ago. Some are quite deep (6-8in) and some very wide (12-14 in). How exactly do I fill these?? Lots of packed dirt and top soil??

Reply to
KDBAT71

Yepper, just tamped dirt is all that's needed. Your case is very typical and almost no tree guy knows about it, since none ever say a single word to anyone. I'm not even sure a tree guy has ever had their own tree(s) ever removed. I got nothing when I asked a few companies about root rot time ranges on different tree species...Lilacs are the longest hold-outs I've run into.

Reply to
Anonymous