Latest threads in Backyard Gardenersshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Dumb question
I have looked for a "tree" newsgroup...they seem to be out there, but no posters in them. So I'm hoping someone here can shed some advice. I live in north central Texas ...north of Dallas and south of...
2
2

Need recommendation for riding mower, but needs to be <37" wide
My house is situated on a slope, with a flat section in the back and on one side of the house. To get to this side lawn, though, requires being able to fit between two deck posts that are (at most)...
4
4

weeds today affect next year?
thanks for all the answers in the previous thread. I've pretty much given up on having a decent lawn this summer because of the weed problem and burnt patches. I'm looking forward to next year. Now...
2
2

billbugs
I've got the bugs back again. They are in the larve stage, about an inch or so down. Is there anything I can do at this point. What can I do to keep this from happening next year. --mike

Re: help! fried lawn
You'll have to re-plant. Wait till early fall now. (you didn't say where you live)
4
4

New Grass Catcher for Newer Craftsman LT w/36" Deck
It's a long story made short. I have a customer who bought a complete grass catcher assembly which doesn't fit his 1983 model. The part # is AYP C36C. The list price is $172.80 . The freight was...

Another Way to Keep Deer out of Your Garden
I've written about another way to keep deer out of your garden at - it's on the home page for the next few days. Enjoy! - Jeff - http://www.efbetter.com

Scotts lawn products
Anyone know of a store that carries the whole line of Scott's products north of Toronto? I've been able to find some fertilizer, but not the other products they make. Leyf
2
2

Re: Ground Ivy taking over my lawn
Start pulling..hug a tree every now and then too. ;) I seen an ad for the weed popper once, it might of been by ronco.
5
5

Corn Plant Bugs - What to do?
Hello all, I have a corn plant which has some multi-legged critters in the soil. I just discovered them last night after watering the plant -- they all headed up to the surface and are now crawling...
5
5

Re: New sprinker system for lawn -- need advice
Hi Anil, if you're gonna bother putting in a partial system, you might as well do it all. The material is the cheap part. The only thing that is a bit of a challenge is going under the driveway and...
4
4

can anyone help?
Every year I get a swath of this unpleasant weed across my lawn. In the past I've picked it out, but it keeps coming back. Does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?
3
3

ants in lawn
In the past few years, I'm noticing more ant nests in lawns in western Massachusetts. Either I never noticed them before, or they're in an infestation mode. They make circular nets from 1 to 2 feet in...
3
3

Re: Pepper tree going crazy
When the tree is gone, the animosity between neighbours will live on....clip it and live with it. Its all part of living in a community.....
1
1

radishes
We don't seem to be able to grow satisfactory radishes. They sprout ok and the plants look sort of ok, but the radishes are small, and if you wait for them to get bigger, they just get woody. We have...