Yard-Man Belt for self-propelled mower

My belt broke on my new Yardman self propelled mower after 3 hours of service.

=========== yardman BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY

3L = 9.5 mm 31.25 Outside measurement. v belt

BELT:V TYP:3L X 31.25 POLY $8.94 In-Stock UPS / FedEx $8.94 Remove 754-04101 ================

Where do I get a new belt and why did it break?

Reply to
valvejob

NAPA - and take the sulky off it and walk behind it.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

[...]

Did you try an auto parts store?

Any 10" sticks lying around? =D

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

do_see

maybe he hit a 10" stick?

Clark.

Reply to
Clark

Dood. I used that line, in this thread, LAST NIGHT. Quit tryin to steal my schtick [sic]! =P

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is 'uncopyrightable'!

I enjoy (not so) subtle puns. Can I steal this one & add it to my sig list? I promise not to scramble it.

Reply to
xPosTech

Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups.

Reply to
valvejob

What's NAPA and what's a sulky?

Reply to
valvejob

NAPA is a major (nationwide ?) auto supply chain.

You're kidding aren't you ? You don't know what a sulky is ? It's a small 2 wheel platform that attaches to the rear of a mower that allows the operator to stand on it and be pulled along behind the mower instead of walking behind.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Of course. I can't take the credit for it. I grabbed it years ago, somewhere...

=)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Mikey Waltrip humping a sponsor?

Reply to
Steveo

I don't understand. After 3 hours of service the warranty was void??

Reply to
do_see

Order it online and installed and all it well.

Ok, not really that well. I'm concerned as to why the new one broke and also this mower has a lot of vibration. Engaging the transmission also is not smooth.

And I can see I'm going to need new wheels every year on the front . I think rear wheel drive would be better.

Reply to
valvejob

Describe the break. Is it clean almost like it was cut, very jagged with varying length "strings" hanging out of the ends, or what? Is is hard and crispy where it broke or flexible like the rest of the belt?

Vibration before or after the transmission is engaged?

Reply to
Art

If I bought a new mower and the belt broke after 3 hours use and it vibrated badly, I would be either taking it back to the store or taking it in for warrany repait. Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

That's what I've been saying.

Reply to
do_see

The op said - > Ordered it from Amazon com and it was delivered by ups

Reply to
Art

Does that mean no warranty.

Reply to