Whats the best way to get rid of moles in your yard?

My dad and I have been taking really good care of our yard. Fertilizing it, adding more grass seed in the bare spots, all that. Right now our yard is very green. But we have mole/moles. Every year about this time we always get mole holes in the front yard. Whats the best way to get rid of them?

Thanks, Marc Williams

Reply to
Marc Williams

Harpoon mole traps. If you're squeamish about killing them you can pee in their holes (or poor it from a cup if you're worried about the neighbors talking). They don't like human urine so supposedly it will drive them away although personally I haven't tried this method. Poison is no good because they won't eat it.

Reply to
RoyDMercer

Make your yard unappealing compared to your neighbors. I would first try and elminate their food source: Grubs.

MilkySpore takes a few years before becoming totally effective in controling grubs, but your hardware store should have something in a pesticide product.

(Personally I opted for the MilkySpore)

hth,

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
- Hospital Jobs Classifieds. *******************************************************************************
Reply to
junkmail01

Simple... Light a road flare and shove it in their hole. Try to keep all of the smoke and sulfer from escaping. This works for ground squirls as well. Trust me,,, they will move.

Reply to
Dave

Remove their food source. No food and they will go away. You might have grubs.

Reply to
Greg

I heard if you roll up pieces of Juicyfruit or double mint gum and stick it in the holes they think it a grub and eat it. If your are squeamish like RoyDMercer asks though about killing them then don't try this.

Reply to
Clayton1970

Take away their food supply. Their eating the grubs in the lawn, so kill the grubs. I also use the gopher bombs to gas their tunnels. Haven't gotten rid of them, but have reduced their damage and kept them off the lawn.

Reply to
Jim Sullivan

Moles eat more earthworms than they do grubs. The only good mole control are mole traps, if they are really a problem.

My cats and dogs dig them up and do more damage than the mole would of.

Reply to
Steveo

Is this to freshen the moles' breath?

:\

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
- Hospital Jobs Classifieds. *******************************************************************************
Reply to
junkmail01

Classifieds.

**************************************************************************** ***
Reply to
Dave

Actually it gets stuck in the intestinal systems and ends up killing them.

Reply to
Clayton1970

I had to google this, and found it's a myth, and you know if it's on the web, it has to be true. ;) I still find it funny, and bazare at the same time.

for gum on this page, it's in the posion pellet paragraph.

later,

tom

****************
*********************************** Our Latest site:
- Hospital Jobs Classifieds. *******************************************************************************
Reply to
junkmail01

Thanks for the info.......like I said in my OP it was something I heard but never tried. Guess the best way to rid them is still a .22 cal

Reply to
Clayton1970

From my experience, it's not true.

Reply to