valve adapters: brass or plastic

A couple of my 3/4 inch valve adapters need replacing and I was wondering if I should spring for the all brass ones that go for 50$ or the original plastic ones for 20$. These valves sit out in front of the house so the brass ones would look nicer but I need another reason before springing 100 bones for 2 of them. Do the brass ones last a

*conciderably* longer time?
Reply to
John H

Adapting what to what?

Reply to
xPosTech

adapts a manual valve to auto sprinklers, its has the solinoid on top. HD has two qualities the 20 dollar plastic and 50 dollar brass one.

Reply to
John H

Do you mean an in-line valve? Like this?:

do you mean a manual valve to control auto sprinklers? Not just like this:
a manifold with manual valves for several zones?

I've never seen sprinkler system valves sitting out in front of the house to look at. Maybe I should just keep quiet but trying to help.

Reply to
xPosTech

Would think a brass one, if exposed to the elements aboveground, would be nice. Have to keep the green stuff off of it, polish it alot. Even amidst the sprinklers running. Impressions are important.

Okay, I'm being a little humorous. All my plumbing here is PVC except the interior of the house. Got one PVC pipe jutting out of the ground by the detached garage for a PVC water faucet for a garden hose. Don't have any sprinkling system. My neighbor, canty-corner from me, has an all brass/copper system for sprinkling.. Every other morning I run through his runoff that's in the street. Was even less impressed last year in the middle of a drought.

Brass is primarily used where dissimilar metals are concerned. This is functional, not impressionistic. Dave

Reply to
Dave