unknown plant

ok so it seems giganews is blocking posts with pictures . if you have any ideas as to what this plant is let me know. seems you will have to read my mind as to what my plant looks like thanks to giganews . I could search the net with some names.

Reply to
JillAdams

This is because this is a text-only newsgroup, Jill. The right way to do this is to post the picture on a website and then attach a link to it in your posts here. Hope this helps, Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Of course they blocked it, this is NOT a binaries newsgroup. Post your picture to alt.binaries.test and then just post the message id here.

Reply to
Artemis

This isn't a binaries group. If you must show a pic, post it to a free server like

and post the url here instead.

Are you stoopid?

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
JillAdams

Jill, I'm reading this group from a verizon news server. When I need to post binaries to a text group I use news:alt.binaries.jokers to post the image or whatever. Then I post that message ID, such as news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, in my text NG message body.

Tom

Reply to
- Tom -

I saw it too, Jill. Some servers let them come through, some block it. I am guessing that you lost about half of your audience maybe. Either way it is against the standard protocol to post a picture in a text group. The other folks' advice on how to post a picture is good advice as well. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes