tom cats

best long term solution is talk to the owner of the cat, if you know who, and get it fixed. If a stray try and catch it and then off to get fixed. If a stray and desexed it may end up a 1/2 decent pet.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Ugh, tom cats keep spraying our dining room window, where our cat looks outside. What can we use to get rid of the smell and what can we use to repel them? TIA

Reply to
Henry & Carolyn

a .22 works nicely.

Reply to
john

Reply to
Henry & Carolyn

cayanne pepper on the ledge?

Reply to
Don

Repellant, 5 mins in the back room of an Animal Shelter. Get a live-trap, and get rid of them.

As for the smell, they sell enzyme based cleaners at some pet stores, you might want to try that.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt

Be very careful that you don't accidentally leave a dish of antifreeze laying around. Poor cats may drink it.

Reply to
dave

anyone who does that should first be made to drink the anti-freeze themselves Dave just to make sure it would harm anyone. Maybe leave a few cans of beer spiked with anti-freeze round.

rob

Reply to
George.com

Andy replies: Animals will often avoid a place that is marked by a larger, more powerful predator.

Go pee on your window yourself. Once the cat decides that a large smell primate is on the prowl, it may decide to go away. It works well in keeping rabbits out of my garden....

I suggest you do this at night...

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Reply to
AndyS