Soding the lawn

I just did my lawn over using sod. I laid down 6 inches of top soil and a bit of fertilizer before finishing with the sod. I finished this 5 days ago and now I am starting to see dry spots all over. Mostly concentrated where ends meet. Should I be concerned or just wait it out while doing the usual watering, etc?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
<water12

Keep watering daily until the roots are well established. If it's really hot already where you live you may even want to consider watering twice per day. Sod doesn't have enough soil to support itself and needs lots of water until the roots are established. The batch you got may have not been freshly cut and didn't show signs of stress until after it was laid.

Reply to
RoyDMercer

Sod will dry out easier at the edges because it is not generally placed very tight and it exposed to the air. Depending on the size of the lawn, the amount of work you want to do, and how much topsoil you might have left, you may consider placing/raking/shoveling some extra topsoil between the sod pieces. That helps greatly in preventing the ends from drying, but it is a lot of work.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff