Riding Lawn Mower Advice

I need a new 42" riding mower.

I'd like to have a 9'ish bushel bagger so how many horses do I need?

I do not want bells and whistles. I want a mower that will last about 10 years and cut grass. That's it. I don't care about a cup holder or automatic transmissions or even headlights. Give me a good engine and a solid deck and I'm a happy camper.

Any advice on what mower will fit the bill.

Also, any ideas on what time of year they go on sale?

Thank you for your time and your advice.

CD

Reply to
me

make sure it has a cup holder. :)

Reply to
Rapid

Nothing runs like a Deere....a commercial Deere that is.:)

Reply to
john

Buy the ones folks are selling in triangle.forsale!

Reply to
Zilla

[....]

did you ever give much thought to how a little town of

1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000 living there today and actually became it's name. [Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]

who would have ever thought it could have happened...

acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later, 'Cary'.

Reply to
.p.jm

ok. still though, you got to admit how it turned out is rather funny.

btw - did you ever hear of Lizard Lick NC?

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Hook, line, sinker

The community was named after Samuel Cary, temperance leader

homogenized, beige facts about Cary:

me

I hear tell it's something in the water.....

Pastor Winter

Reply to
Pastor Steve Winter

Around here in NJ we have 2 towns next to each other called Hopewell and Amwell.

Story is that long ago when the 2 groups of folks would meet up one would say to the other "I hope you are well". The other replied "I am well". Over time they became known as the Hopewells and the Amwells.

Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

[....]

that's pretty funny...

Reply to
Jim Ledford

so then, you heard of their recent raw sewage spill? raw sewage, 7 million gallons.

and then even more recently:

Jim Ledford

yeh, but we're not gonna go there right now ......

Reply to
.p.jm

How did Intercourse, PA get named ?

Reply to
.p.jm

[....]

I was making no statement as to how cary got it's name. I was only saying as acronyms go cary is now a [Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees].

Reply to
Jim Ledford

Love it when they jump in the boat like that :-)

Reply to
.p.jm

good idea, it closed up after 9:00pm. it will open back up in the morning.

Reply to
Jim Ledford

I used to have two parrots named shut-up and you-heard-me

Reply to
me

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees.

And trim your quotes.

Reply to
pakrat

Of course, they had a reunion once a year in NY, at Hopewell Junction.

Reply to
.p.jm