Ping Sarge

Hey Sarge, Ever dick with a Briggs that has the recoil start mechanism pop riveted to the case?
ps..I dig your recovery stories..rock on
Steveo said:

Sorry, not Sarge, but can't you just drill the rivets off, and replace them with appropriate-sized bolts? =)
--
Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Yeah so simple right? Wtf would be their reasoning for that besides quickness off the assembly line and no repair?
I think it's fair to call Briggs and Scrapton --> TRASH. ewe kmew dat allready dincha?

Not if I understand you correctly. Are you sure you are taking the whole case off ?

No. I'm only trying to replace the recoil start rope.

Not sure but I think you are not taking the right cover off. The whole tin that covers the flywheel - and then you replace the rope from the underside. Probably held on by 4 bolts - 2 that are like head bolts and 2 on the lower end that take a 7/16 wrench.

Hrmm..the dude at the local repair joint told me to drill out the rivets, I'll have to take a closer look at the cover.